is it morally permissible ( ethical) to kill one innocent person in order to save more innocent people.

i say yes... cuz you'd be harming more people (victims and families of victims) by killing the load of people than the one person
Quote by Invader Jim

I am so glad this is a multiple choice poll because I want to personally kill all of them. You get a GOLD STAR!

^ i have a gold star from a homicidal maniac!
+1
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Erm, it's a difficult question and definitely not as black and white as you say. But I'm too lazy to elaborate, so whatever.
for rent
yes
Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
completely. and on that, is it acceptable to kill someone if they wont be missed, and dont want to live?

i say yes. euthanasia is only recently non acceptable.
no religion. thats out of bounds. no offense to anybody or anything but there is always a question with religion. not trying to bag on anybody or anything
Quote by Invader Jim

I am so glad this is a multiple choice poll because I want to personally kill all of them. You get a GOLD STAR!

^ i have a gold star from a homicidal maniac!
what race are these people?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Is TS a well-mannered dictator of some small island nation facing a moral dilemma or something?
for rent
Quote by Gakusey
Erm, it's a difficult question and definitely not as black and white as you say. But I'm too lazy to elaborate, so whatever.

Agreed. Let's go get frozen yogurt.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
isnt it a blessing for an emo christian to be murdered? i mean, then they go to heaven, in their view of things.
Quote by Gunpowder
Agreed. Let's go get frozen yogurt.

I love yogurt, but FROZEN???
for rent
well if you didnt put the other people in danger then it wouldnt be your fault if they die, however if you kill the one person to save the other, it is your fault that the person has died.
the morals of it are clear though that it is ethical the kill the one person to save more.
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
Quote by Gakusey

Would you rather have your frozen yogurt melted? I scoff at your delicatessen insensibilities.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Gunpowder
Would you rather have your frozen yogurt melted? I scoff at your delicatessen insensibilities.

To be very honest with you, man, I'd rather smoke the ****ing yogurt...
for rent
To me its like Iron Man said to the Sentry in WWH (yes I know I'm a nerd) something along the lines of not acting in a way is making a choice to kill those people as actuing is the choice to kill these different people.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Gakusey
To be very honest with you, man, I'd rather smoke the ****ing yogurt...

To hell with both of you, I inject yogurt into my bloodstream
Quote by nathanhimmerich
isnt it a blessing for an emo christian to be murdered? i mean, then they go to heaven, in their view of things.

heven doesn't exist, when you died you have no respawns therefore you go into spectator mode
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Yeah, I'd kill the single person. Unless that person was more valuable or had more potential to help than the rest. Which is stupid, we're all valuable for something. Yeah I'd kill the one.
I guess none of you lot has read Crime And Punishment. And you should. Just do it. There's an awesome translation somewhere on the Net, 1913, I think, or something like that, cause I compared the Russian text with the translation, and it was almost as good.
for rent
Quote by Gakusey
I guess none of you lot has read Crime And Punishment. And you should. Just do it. There's an awesome translation somewhere on the Net, 1913, I think, or something like that, cause I compared the Russian text with the translation, and it was almost as good.

I've read Crime and Punishment.
Now that you mention it, this thread is very similar to the same topic approached in the book (aside form humans and superior-humans). He murders the money-lender believing he has done society a favor.. in the end his conscious drives him to confession. Powerful book, yes, I strongly recommend it.
Quote by Muzikh
I've read Crime and Punishment.
Now that you mention it, this thread is very similar to the same topic approached in the book (aside form humans and superior-humans). He murders the money-lender believing he has done society a favor.. in the end his conscious drives him to confession. Powerful book, yes, I strongly recommend it.

Well, that was my point exactly. This theory he had is the same TS mentioned. Look where it got Rodion (the main character). It doesn't even matter if you're religious or not, that's the whole point. It's a road to ruin regardless of how you're trying to justify it. Read this book, whoever's interested in this topic. I mostly hate our literature, but this is a gem. Has some "gory" stuff, too.
for rent
Quote by rhcpaddict
is it morally permissible ( ethical) to kill one innocent person in order to save more innocent people.

i say yes... cuz you'd be harming more people (victims and families of victims) by killing the load of people than the one person

Wait, so what happens to the families of the multitude of people who die? Are they not aggrieved as well?
Well, it really depends on the color skin the person has....

Lol jk....
For realz,
Yes I guess it would be ethical... but I dont like either of the options.
I'd call them a douche bag.

If they curse back then they're a sinner and should be damned to hell anyway.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by Gakusey

Its cursed.
If its one black person and 50 white people then you kill the black guy

If its one white person and 50 black people you save the white guy

I'm really sorry, I don't really think that.

don't hate me?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by slaptasticdave
If its one black person and 50 white people then you kill the black guy

If its one white person and 50 black people you save the white guy

I'm really sorry, I don't really think that.

don't hate me?

Well, the joke's already been done, so...

Well it depends how you aproach it
And if its a boat of criminals (dark knight:p or boat of priests and if the one person is a pope or a mass-muderer

But if they both parties were exactly neutral and nobody said take my life instead it would be one hell of an ultitimatum

There is no real answer

If somebody ever came to the situation in real life they would probably kill the tne person but that doesnt make it morally right

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!