Page 1 of 3
Just wondering which you guys prefer to drive. I prefer a standard greatly. They are a hell of alot more fun. The only problem is hills. Just post your preference and why.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Standards because they give me a higher degree of control over my car.
That and they are a lot more fun.
Quote by Seryaph
Standards because they give me a higher degree of control over my car.
That and they are a lot more fun.

Exactly.
i wish there was an automatic version of the standard, then everybody would be happy
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Automatic for long drives. (Cruise control FTW)

Standard to drive in town.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
standard. it's ok if you like automatic, that's good fine enough, but i hate when people have 'sport mode' or 'tiptronic' and they think their actually driving standard.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
i drive a standard because if you arent being stupid all the time you get better mpg and the are cheaper to buy

btw i can still eat a sandwich and drive and i have cruise control
Quote by JeanMi36

I drive a standard that has cruise control
I love standard, it takes a while to get used to, but after that it's smooth sailing, and fun as hell
1st ever MOD challenge winner
Rush Club Member #5
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Member #4 of The Geddy Lee Fan Club
Member #21 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join
Quote by JeanMi36

My standard has cruise control.

And I also can still eat a sandwich and drive. Furthermore, I can eat a 1/2 pound beef and potato burrito and still drive.
I drive a manual, but in the UK it's much more usual to drive manual (standard) than automatic.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Standard (manual transmition), you have a lot of control and it's better on gas (if you know what you're doing that is..)

Plus.. it's fun
I had a feeling that TS would choose manual. Have you ever heard someone whos enthusiastic about driving an automatic? It's either you drive a manual and you love it, or you drive an automatic and don't care. You'll never meet someone who drives a manual and wishes they had an automatic, or an automatic driver who loves driving automatic.

That being said, I drive a manual, and I love it.
Quote by TomD03
I drive a standard that has cruise control
I love standard, it takes a while to get used to, but after that it's smooth sailing, and fun as hell

Really?

Give me your adress, so I can come to your place, rape your, steal your car, and re rerape you afterwards.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Quote by Seryaph
My standard has cruise control.

And I also can still eat a sandwich and drive. Furthermore, I can eat a 1/2 pound beef and potato burrito and still drive.

As does mine, but alas.. I never have food to eat whilst operating my vehicle
Sequential Manual Transmissions. Like the ones found on Ferraris. Best of both worlds.
Be cool.
Quote by Muzikh
As does mine, but alas.. I never have food to eat whilst operating my vehicle

Mine has cruise control also but I don't ever use it because it makes me not pay attention. I also live in a city and stop frequently so I don't need it.
Quote by GmacD
i wish there was an automatic version of the standard, then everybody would be happy

The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Quote by JeanMi36

WTF? It should be exactly the contrary since automatic wastes more gas.

Standard FTW . Nothing is more manly than having a hand over the steering wheel, and a hand over the gears stick or however it's called in English.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Nothing is more manly than having a hand over the steering wheel, and a hand over the gears stick or however it's called in English.

Despite the phallic imagery inherent to the stick shift, if you know how to use it, there's really no excuse for choosing to drive an automatic. Manual gives you more control, more fun, and better gas mileage. Basically everything the people before me have already said.

Also, my car is a stick shift. It has cruise control. I don't use it.
There will probably be a signature here at some point.
Quote by Adam...?
Despite the phallic imagery inherent to the stick shift, if you know how to use it, there's really no excuse for choosing to drive an automatic. Manual gives you more control, more fun, and better gas mileage. Basically everything the people before me have already said.

Also, my car is a stick shift. It has cruise control. I don't use it.

I'm not even going to bother explaining myself.
Be cool.
I've never driven an automatic. I don't think I know anyone who has one.
Quote by smb
I've never driven an automatic. I don't think I know anyone who has one.

In America they are the more popular car. Me and my girlfriend are the only two I know of that drive a stick. (and I'm honestly not making a sexual innuendo so get your minds out of the gutter)
I like driving both.

Felt weird as hell to drive an automatic for the first few times, but now I've gotten completely used to it. As to driving manual, that's not something you can forget. Like riding a bike really.
Quote by tayroar
In America they are the more popular car. Me and my girlfriend are the only two I know of that drive a stick. (and I'm honestly not making a sexual innuendo so get your minds out of the gutter)

Wow. Didn't know that. In Israel most of the cars are manual, and in Argentina it's actually very rare to see an automatic one.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']I like driving both.

Felt weird as hell to drive an automatic for the first few times, but now I've gotten completely used to it. As to driving manual, that's not something you can forget. Like riding a bike really.

i go back and forth occasionally and drive my mom's car. Part of it is that my Mustang has bucket seats. But I always feel really weird going back to her car.
Quote by thedude051

I'm not even going to bother explaining myself.

Now, it's entirely possible that I'm just really tired, and it's entirely possible that I'm actually proving how mentally challenged I am, but I have no friggin' clue what the hell you're getting at.
Quote by urik
WTF? It should be exactly the contrary since automatic wastes more gas.

Standard FTW . Nothing is more manly than having a hand over the steering wheel, and a hand over the gears stick or however it's called in English.

In fact, I don't know how to drive standard yet. Every car my dad bought me were automatic.

I need someone to teach me
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Quote by Adam...?
Now, it's entirely possible that I'm just really tired, and it's entirely possible that I'm actually proving how mentally challenged I am, but I have no friggin' clue what the hell you're getting at.

Read it again.
Be cool.
Automatic, but around here mostly everyone drives an automatic. Half the people don't even know how to drive a stick. I would like to learn manual transmission, but no one in my family has a manual car.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by JeanMi36
In fact, I don't know how to drive standard yet. Every car my dad bought me were automatic.

I need someone to teach me

There's really no "way" or need to teach. Your right foot controls the gas and the brakes, your left one controls the clutch.
Go to an empty parking place and just start trying. You fully press the clutch, and slowly release it while you at the same time slowly put gas. If you don't put enough gas, the car turns off or jumps a bit.
You drive in the first gear, when the engine is working at a high RPM you switch to second gear, when it's at a high RPM you switch to the third gear...
If you drive slow in a high gear, the engine makes too few RPM and the car starts vibrating more so you have to switch to a lower gear.
It's just practice. However, if you didn't learn with a manual one, don't you need to get another permit? In Israel with a manual permit you can drive an automatic car, but you can't drive a manual with an automatic car's permit.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by thedude051
Read it again.

I did. Many times. Still seems to make sense to me. If you don't know how to drive a manual, you drive an automatic. If you do know how to drive a manual, you drive a manual, 'cause there's really no good reason to.

By the way, thanks for making me feel like a complete idiot. I appreciate it.
Quote by Adam...?
I did. Many times. Still seems to make sense to me. If you don't know how to drive a manual, you drive an automatic. If you do know how to drive a manual, you drive a manual, 'cause there's really no good reason to.

Yeah. I don't see what was wrong with his original post either. Unless you're trying to take some bullshit moral high ground here about forcing things on people or something.
Quote by Adam...?

Convenience. I know how to drive both stick, and automatic. Most of the time, I can't be bothered driving stick, because I am mostly in the city. Therefore, your logic is not correct.
Be cool.
Quote by urik
There's really no "way" or need to teach. Your right foot controls the gas and the brakes, your left one controls the clutch.
Go to an empty parking place and just start trying. You fully press the clutch, and slowly release it while you at the same time slowly put gas. If you don't put enough gas, the car turns off or jumps a bit.
You drive in the first gear, when the engine is working at a high RPM you switch to second gear, when it's at a high RPM you switch to the third gear...
If you drive slow in a high gear, the engine makes too few RPM and the car starts vibrating more so you have to switch to a lower gear.
It's just practice. However, if you didn't learn with a manual one, don't you need to get another permit? In Israel with a manual permit you can drive an automatic car, but you can't drive a manual with an automatic car's permit.

We don't have to have different license in the US. The different license idea is actually a fairly good idea.
Page 1 of 3