I currently have an Epiphone Les Paul, and Ive been Playing for 2 years. I mostly play bluesy jazzy stuff, but i want to switch over to a good metal guitar and amp for my band. Please no BC Riches that you cant play sitting down, or if you trip you hav a chance of poking your eye out.
Budget?
Amp?

There are lots of things we need to know.

Want a floyd rose or not?
How many frets?
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
About 1000$ to 1500$ allhtoger, i use a vpx with a metal zone pedal
My Insonia problem has led me to the conclusion that my front lawns sprinklers do indeed come on at 2 AM. I now find timers very trustworthy objects

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
itsa bunny
With no budget or limitations.. I would go with high end Jackson/Esp guitar and Mesa amp.

My next set-up will be Eclipse II + Mesa Roadster. Already got the Esp, and it's a metal beast. Now I'm waiting the money for the Mesa.

EDIT : Ah, forget that then. A high end deluxe LTD should be fine. For the amp, I have no idea.
EDIT: Frets uh 24 i guess
no i dont no how to use a tremolo
My Insonia problem has led me to the conclusion that my front lawns sprinklers do indeed come on at 2 AM. I now find timers very trustworthy objects

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
itsa bunny
SCHECTER SCHECTER SCHECTER

its awesome, get a schecter C1 hellraiser
or the same with the FR, but since your practically just starting i wouldnt suggest it with that, its a bitch
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Schecter Hellraiser. Yeah.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
get rid of the Metal zone and get a new amp, then maybe go for a higher end LTD, or a Schecter. also, if u feel like it, go try out an Ibanez but change the pickups in it. i dont know why(probably cuz im azn) but i love my Ibanez
Gear
Ibanez RG421EXFM
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Epiphone Futura Prophecy Custom
Martin 1970's D-28
Jackson SL2H second hand. You should find them for around 1300$ on ebay.
/thread
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Copilot911
Jackson RR4 - The shape may not be what you want though.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-RR24-Randy-Rhoads-Snow-White-Electric-Guitar-with-EMGs?sku=512578

Jackson Dinky DKMG
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DKMG-Dinky?sku=512231

ESP LTD EC-1000's are really nice, even though they have the les paul body shape.

+1
Digital Distribution sucks.