I mainly play an Ibanez SA260FM, through a little Vox DA5. I need a combo amp(maybe tube) that's good enough for gigging small venues, and sounds good for anything metal. A good clean sound would be nice too. I'm going to get it sometime like next year so the budget is anything less than $1000.
Valve king 2 speaker combo would be cheap and nice sounding....plus you can use the extra cash to grab a few new speakers since the only problem with this amplifier is shotty speakers
-Gear-
Agile 2000
Hand Built Telecaster
Fernandes Acoustic/Electric
Line 6 Flextone 2 with Eminence Red Coat The Wizard Speaker
Roland Cube 15 (Practice Amp)
Cry Baby Wah
Hand Built Overdrive Box (From Ts-808 Schematic)
Hand Built Preamp Box
check out a Spider III line 6 amp. the effects on it are great, and has tones of presets to other bands tht use line 6(i.e. slipknot, mushuggah, Killswitch...)
Quote by samfisherkillu
check out a Spider III line 6 amp. the effects on it are great, and has tones of presets to other bands tht use line 6(i.e. slipknot, mushuggah, Killswitch...)

Wut.... if his budget is anything to $1000 why would he get a line 6?

I'd say get a used 5150, go for around $600.
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
Quote by Heaven Help Us
Valve king 2 speaker combo would be cheap and nice sounding....plus you can use the extra cash to grab a few new speakers since the only problem with this amplifier is shotty speakers

While the VK can do metal quite nicely with an overdrive, it's not perfectly voiced for it. It's nice if you're going to be doing classical stuff up to hard rock/thrash, but if you're going to be playing only metal you'll want to look into something else...

For $1000 your options are very varied.

You could get a Peavey 5150 (although, if you want a good clean sound, look elsewhere - the VK has better cleans than the 5150) or maybe a used JSX combo... a used Genz Benz El Diablo, ENGL Thunder Drive... etc.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
+1 Raijouta

And only the Spiders are considered a no go if he wants tube and metal. Flextones, fom Line 6 for example, are great from what I hear as a modeler.

If I had a 1,000 I would probably be looking used or second hand - for the best damn metal amp I could find. Check craigslist.com bro. Not sayin' you will find your dream amp but you never know. It seems like everytime I look I see some kind of gem.

We really need to know the 'kind of metal' tho or it's pointless. Gigs right? how big and all? Mic'd?
+2 to that crazy Rasta. Cheers. And I would do what 311 said, we're craigslistaholics. <--- New UG group maybe?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by LPDave
Wut.... if his budget is anything to $1000 why would he get a line 6?

I'd say get a used 5150, go for around $600.

Because the flextones and vettas are great?
Also try a used 6505+
Thanks for the advice. I'm talking small venues, like conventions and stuff.

Quote by forsaknazrael
So, to clarify, you play metal? What kind of metal?

Basically everything(Except black metal, death etc.)...I don't listen to or play anything lower than Drop C.
Quote by gregs1020
+2 to that crazy Rasta. Cheers. And I would do what 311 said, we're craigslistaholics. <--- New UG group maybe?

Yes...but maybe make it a Ultimate Craigslist List

Group is good too. I'll join.

I like the ulitmate list because the postings would be somewhat (very) relevant to the date and time of the post.

...huh?

never mind...it's more fun to search on different cities, budgets and styles.

Blackholesun - where in Canada. I see cool sh*t in Toronto pretty frequently.
Quote by Blackholesun00
Basically everything(Except black metal, death etc.)...I don't listen to or play anything lower than Drop C.

Unfortunately, 1000 dollars is an odd budget for new amps.
The Randall RG50TC is a good one, running at 550 brand new.
Haven't tried Bugeras myself, but people seem to like them.

Peavey 5150's are within your price range, on the used market. Mesa F-50's are in your range, as well as the Mesa DC-5, and the Mesa Mark III. Check 'em out.
funny...i just checked GuitarCenter US and this was the ONLY amp I found in the $800-$1200 range. Edit: except maybe the Kustom???

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-6505-212-Combo-2x12-Guitar-Amp-481433-i1145625.gc

Nothing wrong with it but that is why when someone says they have a $1,000 and want metal I recommend used. Because then you are buying a second hand $1,500+ amp.

Now ....great blues/rock amp at 1,000 - no problem. There are tons.