My strat that I put EMG-SA active pickups in have an incredibly low output level. I can usually only hear the guitar when the volume is at 10 or if I put a lot of gain. What can cause a problem like this, I know its not the battery because I switched it out twice to make sure. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
The most obvious thing would be the height difference between the pickups and the strings. Most people find there should be a 3-4mm gap between the bottom of the strings and the top of the pickup. If the gap on yours is much bigger, it could be the pickups are too far away from the strings. Try raising the pickup height if this is the case.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Amp?

Sorry, I had to ask.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Rofl! Yeah dude is your amp turned up?

Also, the pickup height thing.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
My pickups are pretty high and I dont think thats the problem. No, its not my amp, I have plenty other guitars..

Any more ideas?
did you replace the pots? Because it sounds like you didn't
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^thats what I was thinking. Actives only want 25k pots. If you are using 250K pots then they are going to be all or nothing.

Could be a bad solder connection or a loose wire inside touching something it shouldn't as well.
Not taking any online orders.
I agree with everything said here. I'd look around in the cavities and troubleshoot.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.