I've got a horrible buzz on my A string starting with a faint buzz on the 7th fret then it gets worse and worse until the 22nd fret where it stops cause there is not more frets for it to buzz on. My action is fairly high, I am using a Epiphone LP custom with a Dimarzio X2N bridge and a stock hybrid pickup in the neck. Is this a truss problem? If so I can fix that easy, I just don't wanna get my allan keys and screwdrivers out for nothin'.
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
Quote by gagadude
I've got a horrible buzz on my A string starting with a faint buzz on the 7th fret then it gets worse and worse until the 22nd fret where it stops cause there is not more frets for it to buzz on. My action is fairly high, I am using a Epiphone LP custom with a Dimarzio X2N bridge and a stock hybrid pickup in the neck. Is this a truss problem? If so I can fix that easy, I just don't wanna get my allan keys and screwdrivers out for nothin'.

Sell up, keep the X2N and get an Ibanez Prestige!
I didn't say "Tell me to get a new guitar" I wanna know how to fix this one.
Quote by SamuelBirkett

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
how old are the strings?

is there a raised or dented fret at the buzz?

you might be able to compensate for a bad fret with a truss rod adjustment, but usually it's best to fix the problem fret.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
My strings are about a month and a half old and the buzzing is so far down I don't think the adjusting truss would do much good. I read this on a website "The small amount of fingerboard that is glued to the top may flex as the top flattens or rises and create a bend in the fingerboard near the neck to body joint. A hump here can render the frets to high in that area." Could this be the problem?

I'm going to readjust my intonation to see if that does anything.
Quote by SamuelBirkett

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
i doubt the fretboard is coming up.
you would see that.

unless it's a starter guitar, it's much more likely that the fret needs to be tapped in or that there's an imperfection in the string.

if in general your action seems high a truss rod adjustment can help with that and might sort out the other problem a bit too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011