ok so i've been learning for months on an acoustic. i like playing acoustic, but also love the sound of electric just as much. I've been learning on acoustic though b/c i heard its better to learn on since its "harder" to play (like bending the strings, pushing them down hard enough etc etc) and easier to switch to electric.

well i'm finding that i can play electric for crap. the strings are so close to one another that i cannot play a chord without an open string vibrating against one of my fingers thats fretting the string next to it. seriously its impossible!

so what should I do? i was thinking of shopping for electrics with a "fatter"neck, if those even exist. ne advice?????
you'll just have to take a little bit of time to adjust to the smaller neck.
Ibanez's have WIDE necks, they're still pretty thin though. My PRS Paul Allender Custom has a acoustic ish neck, its really wide, plays like butter.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
^thanks maybe ill go try some tomm or monday. Or maybe i'll just force myself to get used to it so i dont have to limit my guitar options lol
haha that sounds like a plan! I think your used to the wider necks of the acoustic? I mean thickness never bothered me, It's always the size I adjust to. However I happen to like wide necks because they tend to play faster anyway.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14