Ok, so I have a neck that measures 12 3/4 inches to the 12th fret form the nut.

Meaning it is a 25 1/2 inch scale neck right?

So I put it on a body, and in order to make the scale 25 1/5 inches, I have to do this.

Leaving the unsightly gap, also, the way the holes on the body are drilled, the bottom 2 screws would barely even catch the neck.

I'm assuming this means I need a 24 fret neck, so it fills that gap, right? Or do I need a different scale neck, if so what one?

Here is a measurement from the nut to the saddles, with the gap.

25 1/2 inches.

So how do I fix this? This neck was not made for this body, I don't know what the body is from.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
why do you want 25 1/5 inches? Your saddle thing where the string meets it has to be the same length as the nut to the 12th fret. So measure 12 3/4 inches away from the bridge saddles to find out where the 12th fret should be..
Is that what your asking?

EDIT: Oh.. I see what you mean
Edit your first post and ask people with different scale guitars what scale theres is, and how many frets they have etc.... (might help)
Or maybe put the neck all the way into the neck pocket and then measure from the saddles to the 12th fret and double that?
Last edited by guitarcam123 at Oct 4, 2008,
Dude... if my nut to 12th fret is 12 3/4, then the 12th to saddles HAS to be that as well. Which equals 25 1/2.

Ergo, this is a 25 1/2 scale neck.

My question is, what neck do I need for this body?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Dude no... k nevermind I;ll figure it out somehow I guess.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
wow,i would be pissed right now if i was you. quite honestly, i would think a 24 fretter would do the trick, but im no expert.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Yeah, thats what i was hoping...

Well, I just might have to make it.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
yeah that would prob gurantee that it would work,

but ive been thinking about it, and i cant imagine a 24 fret neck not solving that problem. its the only thing i can think of that would fix it, besides a diff scale.
(yes this is auctlly bugging me now too haha)
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
That is what I thought as well.

Only thing is, where do I get a 24 fret neck, in a 25 1/2 inch scale, that with fit a square neck pocket, that

ISN'T

a Brazillian dollars. (Just how much is a Brazillian, do you ask? Similar in value to Bolivians )
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
hmm, i found one before, i just dont remember where, let me see if i can find it.

i also happen to have the exact neck your looking for on my backup guitar

btw, is a fernades, so look for something like that on ebay if it helps at all.

EDIT: found this, but its not what i was looking for, so ill keep trying

http://www.guitarpartsonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=58
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
Last edited by metalwarrior40 at Oct 5, 2008,
A shorter scale would help, I think, because the distance between the bridge and the 12th fret would be shorter, making it possible to have the neck closer to the bridge. But if you're set on this neck, you could probably bolt it in where it is, but you'll have to redrill the holes, as it sounds like they're too close to teh end to hold well. It will leave a gap, which could be filled any way you want it. You could fill the hole with a block painted to match the body, extend the fretboard over it (moar frets) or even fill it with peanut butter. Whatever floats your boat.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
I would just like to make this neck work, thats all. I don't know how to though.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by Øttər
I would just like to make this neck work, thats all. I don't know how to though.
Quote by DuctTapeNinja
if you're set on this neck, you could probably bolt it in where it is, but you'll have to redrill the holes, as it sounds like they're too close to teh end to hold well. It will leave a gap, which could be filled any way you want it. You could fill the hole with a block painted to match the body, extend the fretboard over it (moar frets) or even fill it with peanut butter. Whatever floats your boat.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
Rofl wow how did I manage to just not read that the first time lol!

K thanks man.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo