In a few weeks I will be receiving some cash . So im going to buy a new guitar either a paul allender PRS SE or a Jackson rr3 .I play metal , Yet I love clean tones as well .My favorite band is opeth so if that helps. Which one should I get
The Paul Allender is the best guitar I've ever played in that price range. Sounds amazing as it looks. It's all around a awesome guitar. The RR3? eh decent. But I'd go with the Allender, I can slam out high gain on the neck p-up and do cleans very well on the bridge.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Definitely the PRS. Opeth uses PRS, and locking whammy are too much of a fuss.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
PRS, even though it is an SE you're considering. The PA model is supposed to be really good, so i'd go for that one; plus it looks better than the RR3 IMO.
This might be the only time I'll ever recommend the SE series, but yeah, go with the Allender.
Quote by WSR66
Definitely the PRS. Opeth uses PRS, and locking whammy are too much of a fuss.

wrong

and i dont agree with your reasoning for recommending the PRS, you should never buy a guitar just because a good band uses the same brand, but the PRS is a slightly better option for the TS in this case.
I'm gonna have to agree, Floyd rose's are pains in the ass. I love them but I have to admit there not too fun when you break a string. I think the Paul Allender is much better then the rest of the SE series and the RR3 so id recommend it to anyone looking at it in a heartbeat.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
I just sold my 08' Crimson Swirl RR3 yesterday, so i can get the Allender, the neck on the RR3 is heavier than the body so if you do allota moving around on stage,(hands in air to get crowed pumped, or let guitar go to sing) bad idea, but over i liked it
Gettin rid of me RR3 =(
and you bumped old thread to give this infromation why?
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Easily the Allender. No pain-in-the-ass locking mechanism on the trem, a much better shape and a third pickup.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I own a Paul Allender SE, and the more I play it the more I like it. I also feel it's a unique guitar, maybe even a little bit of the underdog feel, with it being metal-styled PRS and the bats and the purple; its just a cool guitar. My only gripe is that tuning it isnt as easy as a set bridge, but thats a small price to pay if you want to use the whammy bar. It's much easier than a floyd rose obviously. Also, if i really abuse the whammy bar it seems to go out of tune a bit, so I don't use it all that much. The RR3 is cool, but the PRS really is a great guitar.