Well here's whats going on at my school:

A decent amount of kids at my school choose not to use a guitar case and strap their guitars around their necks and walk around the whole school day just like that, whilst "shredding down the halls".

In my opinion, I think it's a bit strange to see a kid with a B.C. Rich "Somethingbird" running to class while playing something to do with Metallica.

Do any of these kids do this at your school? Do you do it?
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Ummm No. At my school we're not allowed to run down the hall with guitars strapped to us...
um...where do u go to school?
that has neve rhappened before
the most ive seen are kids w acoutics jammin
Quote by Doppelgänger
No, I'm lucky in that my school is pretty much devoid of douchy guitarists.

You lucky biznatch.

I just said biznatch.

But yeah, there's a lotta people who do that at my school too. It kinda angers me, because they just play a few major chords and everyone thinks they're God.
EDIT: Wait what? B.C. Riches? No, just crappy First Act acoustics.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Quote by FMNStratGuy
Well here's whats going on at my school:

A decent amount of kids at my school choose not to use a guitar case and strap their guitars around their necks and walk around the whole school day just like that, whilst "shredding down the halls".

In my opinion, I think it's a bit strange to see a kid with a B.C. Rich "Somethingbird" running to class while playing something to do with Metallica.

Do any of these kids do this at your school? Do you do it?

Yeah.... a few do that at my school.... it really annoys me because 1) it kinda tells me theyre just looking for attention (which they usually are) and 2) they dont have any respect or care about if their guitar gets dirty or scratched or anything.

Whatevs though.

I remember when it was cool to sag your pants and show your boxers though.... that kinda faded away recently though.
i've carried an acoustic to a class while playing, but i didn't walk around the whole time with my guitar on my hands
i've seen kids with acoustics strapped to their backs walking the halls, but i doubt they could play anything more than a couple bars of hey there delilah

what you mentioned is strange indeed..
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
Theres a kid at my school who walks around with an acoustic slung over his back, or being played constantly. Makes him look like a douche specially considering he isnt exactly fantastic, and even if he was, its still very, very stupid.
No My School Dont Even Let Us Carry It Around In The Case Cuz Its A Security Threat Or Some Shit
I carry an acoustic guitar with me almost everywhere I go. That I do it at school is entirely incidental. Most of the school's population has no idea what my name is, and just calls me "Guitar Dude" or some variation. But I like to think I'm not a douche about it.

I don't really get to play it that much anymore, though.

Also, I do use a case.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Oct 4, 2008,
I never really understood the point of carrying around guitars...I mean you're only going to get to play, what, five minutes out of six hours? It just seems kind of poser-iffic, even thought I know some of these guys are real musicians.
Every kid who has a guitar at my school doesn't use a case.

Only one. That i know of. Everybody else has around their necks or in their hands.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
This happens a lot at my school. Luckily, I am perfectly capable of making these people look like complete idiots. Case in point: One kid had a strat, or some kind of strat ripoff, and was telling everybody that the strat was the best guitar for playing pantera. I almost killed him.
my teacher plays and sings through the halls. but then again he was a cheerleader for the Saskatchewan Roughriders Canadian Football Team, from the Canadian Football League. He's pretty outgoing, but is afraid of settling down and getting a wife, house etc
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

Quote by Eighteen4Ever
But I don't cum blood.
Unless by "cum blood" you mean
"HAVE WHITE HAIR ON MY BALLS".
In which case, yes, I do cum blood.
nobody at my school even shows they play guitar. people are like "you play guitar?" and im like "what the fux do u think im wearing one over my schlong"
I'm Steve
Quote by p_r_ess
This happens a lot at my school. Luckily, I am perfectly capable of making these people look like complete idiots. Case in point: One kid had a strat, or some kind of strat ripoff, and was telling everybody that the strat was the best guitar for playing pantera. I almost killed him.

But Strats are commonly used to play insanely br00talz music. Single coil pickups do high gain better than humbuckers.
Fecking show offs.

I also hate kids who think they're teh shit because they can play chords, but they can't even do any solo work or move there fingers around the fretboard.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
Quote by clawsofsteel
my teacher plays and sings through the halls. but then again he was a cheerleader for the Saskatchewan Roughriders Canadian Football Team, from the Canadian Football League. He's pretty outgoing, but is afraid of settling down and getting a wife, house etc

and his personal life was relevant to the thread because ...
A friends friend walks down the halls with his acoustic tuned to Drop A playing Nile.

Win
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
No. I occasionally bring mine to practice during seminar if I don't have anything to do. which is getting increasinly rare.
A friend of mine (Jeremy Gotwals,he was on Made a while ago) would bring his so he could play in the library during lunch. Which hardly anyone was there because it was lunch. But he graduated. So I'm the closest thing, and I don't even try to show off.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
friend of mine did it once and it made him look like a tool. He said it was because he needed more practice which isent paticulry true because he plays 6 hours a day... I think he just wanted attention hes that kinda guy.

the most i do is bring my bass to school and put it in my resource room three times a week because I have band practice after school. I dont see a point in playing it walking down the hallways. Free periods I could see but not in the hallway.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Some kids do bring their guitars to school, but I haven't seen anybody 'show off' yet.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Jason Mraz? I don't care if he's good or not, if he struts around playing guitar like he's the bomb he's a douchecanoe.
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns...
Sometimes I bring my acoustic and just jam in my student lounge with other people. I put it in my schools music room in its case when I'm done though.
Wow, that is...really...terrible.

I hate your school, OP.

Trip them over.
What are they going to do?

"Dude, you broke my guitar! I was busy being a bell-end with it!"
"Oh, sorry! If only there was something like a hard shell one could purchase to protect a guitar from breaking...but I guess we can only dream!"
i do that cause i dont own a case :[
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
I'm going to Tuesday, but I'm going to keep it in the case all day, until after-school and I jam with my Geography teacher and a few of his other students.

At least I have a reason, right?