Page 1 of 2
Grab your iPod/mp3, whatever, and turn the volume on full, grab your guitar. Turn on the amp, and put the volume at a respectable level. If you have one, change the pickup selector to Bridge, place headphones on strings/bridge pickup.

THE MP3 PLAYS THROUGH YOUR GUITAR AMP

Anybody else discover something cool/interesting today?
(inb4 fail thread jokes)
You should use a whammy pedal or a Wah pedal to add some twist to your music.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Well I didn't discover anything myself, but I think anyone could figure that out.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
I think this goes in a different forum, but you can also do that with phones and such. It freaked me out the first time, because I did it on accident and i heard voice from my amp
UG's HIPPIE
That's not really much of a discovery, but let's pretend the majority of the population didn't know that and I'll congratulate you.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
I didn't know that...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
I never knew that.
Quote by Ed Hunter
I took out a fly with my jet of piss once. I felt like God!

“This is ridiculous; my job is to sit here and do this bloo-loo-loo-loo, bloo-loo-loo-loo” - Paul Gilbert on sweep picking.
Did you know that when you talk into a microphone it does the same thing!?!?!?!?!

Learn more.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
Airship anybody?
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
At the end of the track Get out of My Yard by Paul Gilbert, Paul talks into his pickups.
Quote by Spellcaster
Yes I have sigged myself.
my uncle has this old ass amp and it can play radio stations very clearly and play the guitar through it at the same time (yea i know not very exciting)
Electromagnetics saves the day once again.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Gsaws
Did you know that when you talk into a microphone it does the same thing!?!?!?!?!

Learn more.

I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I used to listen to Led Zeppelin through the distortion channel on my Fender like this. Trippy as hell.
i had headphones on that werent plugged in and they got wrapped around the strap lock thing on my electric and when the wire was taught i could here the guitar through the headphones and it sounded acoustic. exciting
-Why do hunters need bullets that can pierce through bulletproof vests?
-Do I really have to spell this out for you?What if a bunch of punk kids go into the woods and strap a bulletproof vest on a bear?Then whatve you got?Invincible bears (wkuk)
Quote by Muzikh
Airship part deux!

TS' user name is Zeppelin_1223.

A zeppelin is an airship.

Clearly, they are one and the same.
Quote by Flying Couch

CONSPIRACY!!!
I'm Steve
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
CONSPIRACY!!!

ZOMG! TO THE NUCLEAR FALLOUT SHELTER!!!11one1!!1!
Quote by Flying Couch

Even more shocking evidence is that he provided two "2"s in his user name! Deux? twos? Coincidence?! Never! Indeed, he has returned!!

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY AIRSHIP!!
I already knew that. Once I was playing guitar with my MP3 player on in one ear, and the other one touched my pickups and it started playing through my amp. It makes sense. Just like your strings, the earphones are magnetic. Your pickups are magnetic and catch the sound and sends it to your amp.
UG's AC/DC Lover
I already knew that.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by Muzikh
ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY AIRSHIP!!
Aren't you guys glad I remembered Airship today?
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Quote by americablanco
Aren't you guys glad I remembered Airship today?

Aren't you glad his infinite wisdom made touch-base with your soul today?
at the beginning of the stone temple pilots song "dead and bloated" the vocals where recorded through the neck pickup of the les paul.

jym
i figured that out when my phone went off when i was playing guitar. scared the hell out of me.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Does it damage a tube amp if you just run an 1/8"->1/4" cable straight from an mp3 player to the amp?
me and my friend used to do that for parties, it was pretty awesome and its cheaper than a DJ!

and my wah pedal picks up radio and tv audio when its on
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
Quote by IbanezDude6
my uncle has this old ass amp and it can play radio stations very clearly and play the guitar through it at the same time (yea i know not very exciting)

My amp did that but I only had my distortion pedal put through and the radio stations it picked up were from like Poland or something. My friend and I thought it was ghosts inside my amp.
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

Can that hurt your amp?
Quote by Metallicaxp
why would you buy hollister? Wal-mart FTW!
Quote by tommo619
My amp did that but I only had my distortion pedal put through and the radio stations it picked up were from like Poland or something. My friend and I thought it was ghosts inside my amp.

Didn't that happen in Spinal Tap?

Anyways, i knew this existed but i just didn't know how, so thank you. if you reverse wire a wah pedal and put this on the strings, its pretty cool. Too bad, you can't distort with whammy.
Quote by dRummeR94
Can that hurt your amp?

no
it wont hurt your amp
but it might hurt you pickups
your PICKUPS
PICK
UP
the sound
not your amp
and since they can be magnetic
your tv will buzz your pickups