I use EZDrummer to get to turn my midi's into real sounding drums and i love it.

But is there anything like that that I can use to turn my bass midi's into real sounding bass guitar?
Member #5 of the The Haunted fan club.
Quote by amped00
I use EZDrummer to get to turn my midi's into real sounding drums and i love it.

But is there anything like that that I can use to turn my bass midi's into real sounding bass guitar?

I really wanna know if this can be done too. Someone help!
Programs such as Reason will allow you to write realistic sounding bass sounds, or any other sound for that matter.

Or something to think about would be going and spending 100 bucks on a starter bass and then using DI to record it. With some effects you can get a cheap bass sounding alright in no time. If you already play guitar it shouldn't be to hard for you to play some simple bass fairly quickly.

Either way will work.

-Ryan
Seriously. Pawn Shop Bass = win. You'd be surprised how cheap you can get a decent sounding bass guitar.
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
Any software sampler with a decent bass sample set run through a bit of distorsion/overdrive will usually fool the human ear as long as it sits in the mix and isn't playing by itself. Pumping eight note riffs tend to become very static and unrealistic but basslines that move a bit can work very well. The main problem with using sample-based sounds for bass is that it restricts you to a single stroke for each note (unless you have cool keyswitching or a kick-ass sample set). I've used a sample set that I recorded of one of my own basses, a crap P-bass copy called Marina, on occasion when I couldn't be bothered to put the bass part down myself and had programmed everything anyway. The example below uses that sampled bass and at times it sounds sampled but in the verse it works surprisingly well.

http://www.kissarmysweden.net/mp3/mp3_partners_keepmewaiting.mp3