So I got the notes, I just don't know the order to put them in which also means I don't know the type of scale it is.

G G # A B C D F

Could somebody help me out?

I'm pretty sure its some type of minor scale maybe?
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
Last edited by chrismetal86 at Oct 4, 2008,
how about the scale that will never be used to create good music?

seriously that is tonally all over the place, good luck making that sound good
Last edited by Peaceful Rocker at Oct 4, 2008,
Quote by Peaceful Rocker

good one...

Quote by Peaceful Rocker

seriously that is tonally all over the place, good luck making that sound good

no those are just the notes, thats not the actual order

Im trying to figure out what order the notes go in, but i need to find out what type of scale it is first

its the notes used in "The Desperations Gone" by NOFX
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
the G# sort of throws it off, its an accidental note

If that note wasent there, it could be a number of scales.

its probably just a chromatic run in what looks to be Amin
Last edited by Peaceful Rocker at Oct 4, 2008,
It's A Natural Minor with a chromctic G# thrown in for funsies and no E; it's a synthetic scale.

One would not form chords from this, but rather use it in place of A Natural Minor at points where you feel like playing it. The exclusion of the E note might make for some interesting licks, and you could emphasize the F -> G# to get a cool, exotic sound.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
It's A Natural Minor with a chromctic G# thrown in for funsies and no E; it's a synthetic scale.

One would not form chords from this, but rather use it in place of A Natural Minor at points where you feel like playing it. The exclusion of the E note might make for some interesting licks, and you could emphasize the F -> G# to get a cool, exotic sound.

thats exactly what the song does, thanks, I think your post was the most helpful. But thanks to Peaceful Rocker who helped also.

EDIT:But so, what would be the key of the song?
EDIT: Nevermind, I didnt read your post clear enough, its A