k so like the title says im looking for a good reasonably cheap phaser and fuzz pedal for my setup that most importantly will sound good with my amp. The amp i have is the peavey valveking 112. Im looking for something along the lines of a pink floyd type sound for the fuzz and for the phaser no specific sound really just something that can handle hendrix floyd classic rock/ psychedelic/ ambient type stuff.
Russian Muff + MXR Phase 90?
yea the MXR Phase 90 is pretty cheap and i don't really play any floyd stuff but its awesome for van halen songs, so it would probably be good for floyd/hendrix too
Another option for a phaser is an EHX Small Stone. Between the Phase 90 and the small stone - well, if you don't like one, you'll like the other, and if you don't like either don't get a phaser.

I've had some problems with my russian big muff, but I'd still recommend buying one. Especially for a pink floyd kind of sound. Just go for an american if you can stretch, though, or take good care of the russian.
EHX small stone is very big and swooshy while the MXR is more tame.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I masturbated in front of a mirror and I pretended Bob Barker was giving me a handjob.

Quote by Bazilisck311

You know you're a guitar player if the pianist at your wedding plays "Eruption"
Quote by dont_cry789
Im looking for something along the lines of a pink floyd type sound for the fuzz and for the phaser no specific sound really just something that can handle hendrix floyd classic rock/ psychedelic/ ambient type stuff.
Which period of Pink Floyd are you looking for? Pre-'71 = germanium fuzz, early '71-'75 = silicon fuzz, and '77-'81 = Big Muff. I believe a fuzz stayed on Gilmour's Animals and Wall boards, but the Muff (or a Pete Cornish modified version of the Muff) took over as his main distortion (IT'S A DISTORTION PEDAL, NOT A FUZZ) pretty much up to the present (except in the mid-late 80s where he went all Boss).

While I love phasers, I'd highly suggest looking at a vibe given the sound you're after.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
In my opinion, both the MXR Phase 90 and the EHX Small Stone suck.

The MXR Phase 90 has a noticeable boost in volume, and the Small Stone has a very noticeable drop in volume.

IMO, if you're looking for the best 'cheap' phaser, get the NANO small stone. Sounds exactly the same as it's bigger brother but without the volume drop.
Quote by matt bickerton
In my opinion, both the MXR Phase 90 and the EHX Small Stone suck.

The MXR Phase 90 has a noticeable boost in volume, and the Small Stone has a very noticeable drop in volume.

IMO, if you're looking for the best 'cheap' phaser, get the NANO small stone. Sounds exactly the same as it's bigger brother but without the volume drop.

The mod to fix the Small Stone volume drop is two resistors, and the improvement in tone is worth it
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I masturbated in front of a mirror and I pretended Bob Barker was giving me a handjob.

Quote by Bazilisck311

You know you're a guitar player if the pianist at your wedding plays "Eruption"
^^And the mod to fix the Phase 90's boost is cutting one resistor. You don't even have to desolder it, you can just cut it out.

In both cases, you could spend an extra $40 and go for the '74 Vintage Reissue Phase 90, which I've heard nothing but great things about.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
The EHX Nano Small Stone is amazing, i used to have one and it has NO volume drop. I sold it because i don't use a phaser that often. But yeah, great phaser!
Quote by BrainDamage
^^And the mod to fix the Phase 90's boost is cutting one resistor. You don't even have to desolder it, you can just cut it out.

In both cases, you could spend an extra $40 and go for the '74 Vintage Reissue Phase 90, which I've heard nothing but great things about.

Yeah, I've got the '74 Vintage Reissue because they sent me the wrong pedal. I ordered just the regular phase 90. It's great I can nail David's tone on Breathe. The only problem is there isn't a light so you're not sure if it's on or not, and it only runs off battery.

As far as fuzz goes, get a Big Muff it was David's signature. Check out this site.

www.gilmourish.com
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
MXR Phase 90.

i Highly recommend building your own Fuzz. Fuzz is one of the, if not the, simplest circuits for guitar effects.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.