hey guys, im just curious about this. The pickups on my ibanez are fairly high and its allmost impossible not to touch the single coil pickup whilst playing. (with a pick)

what i want to know is if it damages the pickup and/or overall sound?

thanks
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Lol, In no way is it bad. You're just paranoid. I used to stick spare change all over mine.

But, if it hinders playing ABILITY then yes, it's bad.
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
I don't think so.

I've touched the pickups heaps and the only change in my tone is because of a change in amp.
The pickups are, in a sense, big magnets, does touching magnets do anything? no.
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
that probably means you aren't getting the best sound out of your pickups if they are that high. Even though it doesn't cause any damage, it seems that lowering them just a little would benefit you much more.
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
Quote by Khoifish321
that probably means you aren't getting the best sound out of your pickups if they are that high. Even though it doesn't cause any damage, it seems that lowering them just a little would benefit you much more.

+1
It's fine to touch them. You can even kinda drum on them. But if you are consistently hitting a pickup, it's probably too high or you are using too much pick.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.