Got 200 bucks for my birthday, and was thinking about getting a tube amp. The amp that i have now is a Randall 150 G3 and was thinking about selling it to long and mcquade and putting it towards the amp. After much searching i found a used 5150 for 650 but its missing one of the gain knobs and its fairly used for 4 years. Either that or i will finance a mesa dual rectifier.

I'm looking for a amp with gain that can cut through the mix, a useable clean channel (dosent have to be perfect) for a decent price. ( no more than 1000 right now)

I play prog black metal in my band
ya the dude said it easily replaceable but i would have to check into that. I'm open to toerh amps/ alternatives
yeah your headed in the right direction with the 6505/5150
its DEFINTELY a cut through the mix kind of sound, you can get a decent clean off of it if you really tried.
if anyone says engls, say no cause engls DO NOT cut through the mix at all, there a low volume amp kinda.
Quote by convictionless

if anyone says engls, say no cause engls DO NOT cut through the mix at all, there a low volume amp kinda.

I shat my pants when I read that. Why are you posting this? Did an engl kill your cat?

TS - there are some options in that price range if you keep looking used. The 5150/6505 would be a good choice. What used market are you searching - near what major city?
get a chorus for the 6505/5150 cleans
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
hmm apparently the 5150 got sold for 700 bones

Sooo should i wait for another one to come around ?

What is your take on the mesa dual or triple rectifiers for black metal?

Anyone try the roadking?
My Gear
Randall RH 150 G3
Randall RXCM 412 Cab
Marshall MG 50 DFX
ESP LTD M-400
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Acoustic
Quote by metal_militia
hmm apparently the 5150 got sold for 700 bones

Sooo should i wait for another one to come around ?

What is your take on the mesa dual or triple rectifiers for black metal?

Anyone try the roadking?

Roadking? Well over $2000 bones. But great amp.

Mesa Recs are infamous for a loose low end. Used 5150s pop up all the time, just keep your eyes open for em'.
i shall keep looking...

Basically looking for warm clear saturated gain... I was thinking about testing a metalzone on a marshall jcm 800
My Gear
Randall RH 150 G3
Randall RXCM 412 Cab
Marshall MG 50 DFX
ESP LTD M-400
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Acoustic
Quote by metal_militia
i shall keep looking...

Craigslist, keep your eyes peeled. At least Ontario has a good sized population so stuff will pop up if you're patient.
^ That F30 or Ultra are win. The 5150/6505 are average prices, even a little high, but it's Canada so...

Edit: And this is the point in the thread when the TS says he resides in Ottawa, lol.
haha thanks for the links man i was gonna get that ultra, but apparently got bad reviews... anyways looking for a head not a combo amp!

And for that metalzone thing

I heard that if you hook it up to a tube amp, you can get a decent bm tone out of it. But im not much of a pedal guy soo im open to other options
My Gear
Randall RH 150 G3
Randall RXCM 412 Cab
Marshall MG 50 DFX
ESP LTD M-400
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Acoustic
JCM900

Splawn Competetion

The 5150

or if you want to go really cheap a bugera
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by metal_militia
haha thanks for the links man i was gonna get that ultra, but apparently got bad reviews... anyways looking for a head not a combo amp!

And for that metalzone thing

I heard that if you hook it up to a tube amp, you can get a decent bm tone out of it. But im not much of a pedal guy soo im open to other options

The Ultra is a great amp, I'm not sure where it got bad reviews. Go check it out on harmony-central.com.

The metalzone is a horrible pedal. Look at Metal Muff. Personally, I don't even like that. I prefer ODs.
you can still go for a valveking
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by Serjem
you can still go for a valveking

Yes, because that's as metal as a 6505 or an Ultra.