anybody got a program that can do what the title says? preferably free cuz i just bought a new guitar and iz lacking funds to do anything with. help will be appreciated via azn points

The Douche
Gear
Ibanez RG421EXFM
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Epiphone Futura Prophecy Custom
Martin 1970's D-28
anyone?
Gear
Ibanez RG421EXFM
Martin 1970's D-28
Audio - Audacity is free. Reaper is very inexpensive.

Video... geez... if you buy a DVD burner, it might come bundled with Nero 8, which does video editing.

Ones that do both... geez. Nothing outside of *really* expensive stuff that I know of.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
well is there any program that can record audio and video at the same time? rather than recording both, then putting them together?
Gear
Ibanez RG421EXFM
Martin 1970's D-28
Most setups don't allow this but here is something you could try. (This will not work with a USB type web camera...it must have an output for RCA)

Get yoursel the following:
- Winfast PVR
- Audio interface
- Video capture card (mostly for desktops)
- A video editing software like Windows Movie Maker or Sony Vegas.

Run your audio to the interface and run video to the capture card. Set PVR to take audio from the interface and video from the capture card. Press the record button on the program and play away.

This isn't an ideal setup and doesn't work out all that well. I suggest using a higher quality external mic on your camera if it has a mic jack.

I use a MiniDV camera and record to tape
At the same time I record my audio to the interface on my desktop.
After that I edit the audio quality but keep it all in one piece and put both audio and video into an editing program, (I use Premiere Pro CS3). Sync the audio and video, chop out the bits you don't need, and then export as a 1GB or under .MOV file for youtube.

If my cam had a mic port I would probably get myself a nice shotgun mic and record audio to the MiniDV tape as most videographers do.

Newegg will have PCI capture cards at a fair price...