Well, this morning I ordered tickets for the upcoming AC/DC concert in December. It took me a few minutes to fill out everything; credit number, street address, set up an account, etc, so I was behind quite a few people who already have accounts set up with their information on it. Much to my surprise, I got row 5 in section 418. I've never had a seat even close to this far before. Tell me, is it really as bad as it looks? Nosebleed seats sound very ass-sucky. No, I'm not bitching. In fact, I'm thankful I got those tickets since I believe the concert sold out a few hours after. I have a good pair of binoculars just in case, of course.

So Pit, what do you think about nosebleed seats?

Also, ac/dc haters who don't want to contribute to the topic at hand, GTFO.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
They're fine, thats how I saw ZZ top. Just take some of those binocular thingys you see old chicks wearing.

How much did you pay for those tickets?

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

I dislike nosebleed's because you can't really get a feel for the energy the band's putting forth, but it looks like you'll at the least get a decent view of their performance, and with the distance probably not have your ears ring for the next 3 days.
Quote by Gargantuan
Who cares, be grateful you get to see AC/DC before they retire.

I know. I'm very grateful for this chance to see the band that inspired me to focus on my musical instruments.

Also, this place is god damn huge. Here's a YouTube video scanning the whole arena. You can see the general area I'm going to sit at 13 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Do3lgBGPc
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Quote by TOAOIsaac
How much did you pay for those tickets?

90 dollars each.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Stadium gigs are horrible no matter where you are sitting. Especially when it's a classic rock band, being stuck in a stadium filled with sweaty 50 year old men for 4 hours isn't exactly fun.
Yeh I had really bad seats for Muse last time, heaps far back and to the side.
The concert was sold out but a couple of kids managed to get into the mosh leaving empty seats in the middle
which i was lucky to grab so not sure how the concert would've gone in my allocated seats, i would say pretty sucky though
Quote by goldmember1217
Stadium gigs are horrible no matter where you are sitting. Especially when it's a classic rock band, being stuck in a stadium filled with sweaty 50 year old men for 4 hours isn't exactly fun.

At least the quality of the music will make up for it.

Quote by TheReFiller
90 dollars each.

Holy shit, for nosebleed?! I can't imagine what mid level or, god forbid, floor seats cost. Looks like I won't be seeing them when they finally make it to KC...
Just move down to the floor. Sometimes at stadiums security isn't even covering the floor entrance.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Would I be able to enjoy the show with my binoculars pressed up to my eyes most of the time? They're not bad, they have good clarity and can reach up to 500 feet or more, so I'm not worried about that. Also, is it kind of boring back there, people wise? I wouldn't expect to see much jumping or rocking out, at least not compared to the floor seats.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
i think they'd blow, 1st or second row 2 metres from the stage is what ya want.

of course if they're as good as you can get whats the point of worrying about if closer would be better? of course closer is better but theres nothing you can do about that now.
Quote by Diamond Dave
of course if they're as good as you can get whats the point of worrying about if closer would be better? of course closer is better but theres nothing you can do about that now.

Future reference. Haven't been to this place before.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Quote by goldmember1217

That's the best part though.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

guess who is in row five for the concert at the tacoma dome?

THIS GUY!!!!!
Gear:

Gibson SG Special
Fender MIM Standard Strat (SSS)
Squire Bullet Strat
Marshall 6100LM
Vox DA5
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Nosebleed? No it's AC/DC. Those are earbleed seats.

Edit: I don't like them. I just snuck in for a cheap pun. So what? Wanna fight about it?
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"
You should have signed up for the AC/DC fan club.

It's a $50 membership but you get Black Ice and first dibs on tickets.

I'm going to the same show in Houston (gonna take a road trip) and I'm in Section A Row 6.

I had multiple ticket pages open and was refreshing the page every second after 9:59:30 (since they went on sale at 10)

I feel for you man, but this is a once in a lifetime oppertunity for me to see my favorite band. I was going to make sure it happened since all my other favorites are now dead or broken up or a combination of the 2(Beatles, Zeppelin, I'm looking at you...)
Judging by the reactions of this thread, my seat basically sucks major balls. Doesn't it.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Hey, as long as you can hear the band.....

.....you'll get an aneurysm. Several.
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"
Quote by TheReFiller
Judging by the reactions of this thread, my seat basically sucks major balls. Doesn't it.

Listen bro, don't get so bummed out, atleast they're going to Houston. They won't even come to New Orleans.

I don't know how close to Houston you are but there is a show in January in Dallas, i'm not sur if the tickets went on sale yet.
If you're willing to take a road trip there, sign up to the AC/DC fan-club so you can get good tickets and go see them there.

And plus, they havent even announced the 2nd leg of the North American Tour. They still have to go to Europe and Australia and then they come back to the US.

So don't be bummed out just yet, at least you're going to the show.
Quote by jumi1174
Listen bro, don't get so bummed out, atleast they're going to Houston. They won't even come to New Orleans.

I don't know how close to Houston you are but there is a show in January in Dallas, i'm not sur if the tickets went on sale yet.
If you're willing to take a road trip there, sign up to the AC/DC fan-club so you can get good tickets and go see them there.

And plus, they havent even announced the 2nd leg of the North American Tour. They still have to go to Europe and Australia and then they come back to the US.

So don't be bummed out just yet, at least you're going to the show.

Thanks! I never knew they were coming to Dallas or coming back here. I guess I just feel sort of bad spending 90 dollars for the seat I have now, but I guess it might be worth it.

By the way, I live IN Houston city.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
I don't go to shows unless its on General Admission. I'm not going to sit down.

Up the punx man.
Quote by TheReFiller
Thanks! I never knew they were coming to Dallas or coming back here. I guess I just feel sort of bad spending 90 dollars for the seat I have now, but I guess it might be worth it.

By the way, I live IN Houston city.

Yeh the tickets go on sale October 11. The show is January 23. https://tickets.acdc.com/

If you're going to that show and want good seats, here's what you do:
1. Sign up for the fan-club. It's $50 bucks, but it was the best $50 bucks I've spent. Think about it, this is a once in a lifetime oppertunity, how many more world tours are they going to go on? And how many bands that you like (I looked in your profile and we both have very similar taste in music) are going to tour again. Just wait on that $50 Xbox/PS3 game you've been wanting to get, that's not priority.

2. Tickets go on sale at 10AM on October 11 (for this instance). Wake up at 9:30 at least. Get all the appropriate websites open. You may want to register in advance for the venue at Dallas (so they have all your info)

3.Click on 'October 11' underneath the FAN CLUB TICKET SECTION on the above link. It will give you a code.

4. Go to the venue website and there should be an option to put the code in somewhere. Put the code in, select your amount of tickets, finish all the nitty-gritty info and bam, your done.

You're basically guarrenteed good (floor) seats.
Last edited by jumi1174 at Oct 5, 2008,
Alright guys, I've come up with a logical conclusion. I call this theory the "Curse of the Nosebleed Seats." You see, I'm bringing my friend who has never been to a rock concert before. Despite my best efforts, I'm still in the far back. Why, do you ask? Everyone going to a rock concert for the first time has ass-sucky seats. And since he's in my ticket ordering group, he brought me down with him as a Section 418 row 5'er. HA.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Quote by jumi1174
Yeh the tickets go on sale October 11. The show is January 23. https://tickets.acdc.com/

If you're going to that show and want good seats, here's what you do:
1. Sign up for the fan-club. It's $50 bucks, but it was the best $50 bucks I've spent. Think about it, this is a once in a lifetime oppertunity, how many more world tours are they going to go on? And how many bands that you like (I looked in your profile and we both have very similar taste in music) are going to tour again. Just wait on that $50 Xbox/PS3 game you've been wanting to get, that's not priority.

2. Tickets go on sale at 10AM on October 11 (for this instance). Wake up at 9:30 at least. Get all the appropriate websites open. You may want to register in advance for the venue at Dallas (so they have all your info)

3.Click on 'October 11' underneath the FAN CLUB TICKET SECTION on the above link. It will give you a code.

4. Go to the venue website and there should be an option to put the code in somewhere. Put the code in, select your amount of tickets, finish all the nitty-gritty info and bam, your done.

You're basically guarrenteed good seats.

Thanks for the very, very helpful posts so far. I'll see if I can convince my parents to let me see them in Dallas. Or maybe the next time they come back here to the U.S.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Quote by goldmember1217

agreed (usually) i always wished for some reason that one of the bigger bands i like wuld do a club tour or something. the music is great (i saw maiden in a stadium for example) but the crowd being so seated or distant takes away from a lot of that energy you get in a smaller venue.
Quote by TheReFiller
Thanks for the very, very helpful posts so far. I'll see if I can convince my parents to let me see them in Dallas. Or maybe the next time they come back here to the U.S.

No problem. Always willing to help an AC/DC fan in need.

I'm still holding on in hopes that they come to NO for the 2nd leg. One can only dream...
Quote by jumi1174

I'm still holding on in hopes that they come to NO for the 2nd leg. One can only dream...

you've got that right...
Quote by happytimeharry
Holy shit, for nosebleed?! I can't imagine what mid level or, god forbid, floor seats cost. Looks like I won't be seeing them when they finally make it to KC...

Fear not. Do what I'm gonna do. Look for them on Craigslist when the concert is getting close. Same thing my family did for the Garth Brooks insanefest last year. By that time there will be people desperate to get rid of the tickets because they can't go and they MIGHT sell them under the original price. Or so I hope.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray