Poll: Do you visualize time?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you visualize time?
Yes I see time in this way.
1 2%
I visualize time, but in a different way.
17 41%
No I don't.
23 56%
Voters: 41.
I was thinking and I realized that I can see time in a very specific way. Does anybody else visualize time in this way? Do anybody else even visualize time at all?

For example: I see days and weeks as rectangles in 3d perspective heading away from me from left to right, viewed from whatever day of the week is happening at whatever moment. I make mental notes of events or big homework assignments as little red dots or exclamation points that show up on whatever day they will happen. Usually I have a maximum range into the future of about 2 weeks in this view. I think of a person's lifetime in this way as well, pretty much anything that is not a cycle.

Different example: I see years as 3d circular prisms with a "donut" hole in the middle. Whatever month or time of year that is currently happening is closest to my point of view, and I can look across the circle to the opposite season or part of the year. So for example right now I visualize September/October right in front of me, August is curving around the circle to the left, and November is curving around to the right. I can see March and April straight across the circle. Specific holidays, important dates (birthdays, last/first day of school, vacations, etc.) and the four seasons are marked on the circle as it rotates around. Hours are viewed in this way as well.

(note: I can also change my point of view to any part of the day, week, or year that I choose, as if it was the future or the past)

Anybody else do this? Or am I just weird...
I see days in ponies, weeks in horses, months in Unicorns, and years in manbearpigs.

I know, it's weird, but that' just me.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
I don't see time. I am time.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by floppypick
I see days in ponies, weeks in horses, months in Unicorns, and years in manbearpigs.

I know, it's weird, but that' just me.

winner
Quote by HighPotency
I think you need a girlfriend.

Obviously, but until then I'm stuck with the pit cause I don't have the willpower to break free.
When I think of time I see a string tied into the shape of a circle.
Member of the "On the Right Track" club. PM Michelangelo193 or raise_the_dead to see if they approve of your "On the Right Track"-ness
I am Spartikus

Tremulous name: <CD>Mustang?
I usually define time by events. This is why I only know what day it is if there's something good on TV or a holiday or something.

The problem then is that holidays don't happen often enough and there isn't much good on TV anymore.
I picture time as a stream, constantly flowing forward. I'm on a little raft floatin through it, It's fun. Weeeeeee!

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
I have pictures for all days of the week, months, as well as numbers and feelings. But they aren't really like the ones you described.
I see time ticking away the moments that make up a dull day, you fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way, kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town, waiting for someone or something to show you the way.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Quote by EnemyWolf
I have pictures for all days of the week, months, as well as numbers and feelings. But they aren't really like the ones you described.

Well at least I know I'm not a complete weirdo then...

the pictures that I see are hard to describe, I guess that's why the paragraphs were so long (and probably really confusing)
Quote by sadSTATUE
I see time ticking away the moments that make up a dull day, you fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way, kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town, waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

Sweet Jesus yes.
Quote by The_Raven
I think of like huge-ass vortexy tunnel, with these big wavy colour things as important times. Like doctor who but fckin fast and way cooler.

Quote by an epic mistake
I picture time as a stream, constantly flowing forward. I'm on a little raft floatin through it, It's fun. Weeeeeee!

... and I thought I was weird...

Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
I mostly picture time in 4/4 3/4 and occasionally 1/66.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by sadSTATUE

ah, Pink Floyd. Such a great band, and Time is a great song.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
i see it as 12 numbers arranged in a circular fashion.

usually, they appear on walls.

i never was a very visual person
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Why did the Lebanese guy cross the road?

To beat up the chicken.

Why did 100 Lebanese guys cross the road?

Because the chicken was winning.

Quote by The_Raven
Really? I think more of it as being...being tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain...you and young and life is long and there is time to kill today

Me too!

..but then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
Noone told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
Quote by Ktool The Girth
I mostly picture time in 4/4 3/4 and occasionally 1/66.

HAHAHAHAHH!!!

i envision time going by as i keep posting on the pit...
I dont really think of measured time. Everything is one; time is the measure of duration. Kind of like one really really long day.
TS, you just have a synesthetic conception of time. Most people will. I visualize my week in an oblong oval while I stand to the side of it, and I see the year as two pillars.
I visualize time like a side scrolling game where you can't speed up or slow down the speed of your character and he just keeps walking, and you have to jump over stuff... err... lol
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
mine actually sounds a lot like ts's. weird.

edit: oh erm.... and you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking yada yada etc etc

My mind is going. I can feel it.
I see time in skin aging. Sadly, it's something that can fool you. sometimes I actually sit and count the lille individual shapes on my hand
[font="Arial Blackeat my asshole... far more tasteful than kissing someone's ass[/FONT"]
I visualize time in weeks and days, but I'm not exactly sure how. That might sound weird ('how can you not know something you are creating?'), but it's like a really vague calendar, that moves to the left or right depending on what day I'm thinking of in the week. It's not visual, its more...err...not.
GOSH I don't know!
Stop asking me these questions *hides under bed*

a song song song bout how to sing
a song song song about everything