i have always been afraid of chords when learning a song so usually i go with the cool riff part of the song that everybody knows. well now i'm trying to get into my head learning the whole song will make u a better player then learning riffs of "x" number of songs. but when ever i try to play a song with chords in it i can never get that awesome sound u would normally hear coming out of the song.

is that i have an ibanez "kit" guitar and amp?
do i have my amp settings all weird?
is there a different way of playing style when playing chords then riffs?

also how do u get the feel for playing all those chords in a song no matter the chord shapes because they seem d@m^ near impossible to play.

because i'm trying to learn wonderwall by oasis and Exo-Politics by Muse

all feedback would be great! =D

(btw been playing trumpet for almost about 5 years so i know music quite well, but have been playing guitar for 2-3 months)
Last edited by inevitable08 at Oct 5, 2008,
Well, they have really expensive equipment, as well as a recording studio and people editing and fixing up the tracks, so you can't really beat yourself up over it.
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
You just have to do the best you can with what you've got.
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
I recommend learning a song start to finish. Whatever style your into I think the self accomplishment of being able to put on headphones and begin a track, play it through til the end playing all the pieces is a great feeling. And the more you can nail each part is something to strive for. Playing random riffs wont get you anywhere fast.
Wonderwall is actually really easy. The hardest part is figuring out the weird strum pattern. That took me a while.