Has anyone ever played/owned/heard about the Ovation Celebrity CSE24 Acoustic/Electric? I found someone selling a used one for about $150, and if the guitar is in good condition, it is a great deal. I'll be able to play it before I decide to buy it or not, but I don't want to make the trip if the guitar is crap. Any thoughts on it would be great. Thanks.
At the Justice Tour:
Guy in audience: Libertyville represent!
Tom Morello: Yes. Libertyville…represent.

Quote by IDread
Damn. You got insanely lucky when it comes to manly surnames.

Ai æm eɪ prəpoʊnənt ʌv eɪ kəmplitli fənɛtɪk ælfəbɛt. Spɛl ɛvriθɪŋ wɪθ ðə AɪPiEɪ.
I've played it. It's okay for the price, and looks nice.

The more expensive Ovations, naturally, are way better, but if you're getting a good deal then sure go for it!
Main setup:

ESP Eclipse
PRS Torero SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster head, 2x12 cab
FX: Crybaby Slash Wah, Ibanez TS9x, Mesa Boogie Throttle Box, Boss TU-2, BF-3, DD-3, PS-6, RC-3, etc.
Unplugged sound is horrible. Plugged in sound should be pretty good. This pretty much applies to all Ovations. The higher end ones will have a better sound unplugged though.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Ovations are rather oddball guitars and therefore contraversial. For sure some people are going to let you know Ovations all suck and are a disgrace to the noble tradition of luithery.
I am not one of them. I am a real Ovation lover. These Celebrities, however, don't cut it. Finish and quality of build are excellent, but the sound is just not there. I don't really understand why they make them. If you really like the Ovation concept but are a poor sod like me, you'd better check out Kamman's B-brand Applause. Or else save up till you can buy a Balladeer.