So i just bought a new Bugera 333XL half stack,
get it home play for about ten minutes and the fuse pops. we get another fuse and now no sound will come through. all electircs seem to be working, all lights come work(channels, reverd etc) footswitch works, but when you put standby switch UP ( which should be "active") there is no light ( manuel says there should be) and no sound comes through.
does anyone no what is wrong with it?

Help please.
Proud Australian.
Last edited by AchillesCore at Oct 5, 2008,
Sorry man, I do hope this is a quick fix problem, but what are we doing on UG anyway? We should be watching the Grand Final!

EDIT: Seriously though, if you just bought the amp, I'd be marching it straight back to the shop (if it's not too far away) and kicking up a real stink. They may just give you another one no questions asked to shut you up and stop you from driving away other business. But I wouldn't put up with it, especially when were talking a fair bit of hard earned cash that's funded the purchase.
Last edited by Lrn2shrd69 at Oct 5, 2008,
Don't tube amps have two fuses? Check tubes.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by AchillesCore
How would i go about "checking tubes"??

If your not sure what your doing, just make the shop do it for you. You don't wanna go fiddling and then break something or void warranty.
problem is the shop is a two hour return trip. and the guy that sold us it was pretty.... f*cking stupid.
Proud Australian.
Well I personally like the suggestion about returning to the store, pitchfork and torch in hand...

I am not familiar with your amp, but if you open up the back of it, you should find the tubes in it. Visit to "All you need to know about tubes" sticky for info on checking the liveliness.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
make sure you ring them them before hand, annoy the hell out of them so they'll actually do something. That is if you're gonna return it that is. Other than that I can't help you sorry mate.

Also, **** the foot ball, the Eels are out so I lost interest ages ago.
Quote by AchillesCore
So i just bought a new Bugera 333XL half stack,
get it home play for about ten minutes and the fuse pops. we get another fuse and now no sound will come through. all electircs seem to be working, all lights come work(channels, reverd etc) footswitch works, but when you put standby switch UP ( which should be "active") there is no light ( manuel says there should be) and no sound comes through.
does anyone no what is wrong with it?

Help please.

Did you use the right fuse?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
just called the guy who sold it to me all he needs is the serial number to make a repair order
= [ thats gonna take a while. GAY
Proud Australian.
Could be a blown HT fuse.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
HT fuse is buried in the chassis. If you're a tube amp noob and it's only a day old, it needs to go back. raise hell about it.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Yeh im a tube noob. But i know a bit about electronics and my dad is an electrical engineer.

He said he could fix it but it would probs void warrenty.
Thanks anyways mate.
Usefull to know
Proud Australian.