I found this used Breedlove AD200SM for 550 on craiglist... should I buy? it also comes with the breedlove case

I also need to buy a tuner/strings/humidifier....

My budget is 550... (all the money I have) I am 16. *no allowance or work lol all saved from bday money

I think i can probably haggle to 500... anything think i can do with this guitar and the breedlove case? do i need a hard case?

This will be my first guitar... is it better than a Yamaha fg730s? i was thinking of getting that too but i saw this damn beautiful breedlove...

Last edited by ShootingStars at Oct 5, 2008,
Umm... gmail links?
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
it should be ok. do NOT rush into a purchase though. that's the worst thing you can do, and the some of the biggest mistakes that first time buyers make.

You will need a hard case. There's no point in a humidifier with a soft case.

If you don't play the guitar then don't buy it. That's the general rule of thumb.

EDIT: don't expect many more replies at this time of day...
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
dam now i need to somehow get money for a hard case... probably can't buy this guitar unless the owner is willing to give me 450 for it, which he isn't =( ill wait a few days and see what happens.
I would say definately. I own a very similar model, and i say its worth it. What I'd do though, is go to your nearest GC or guitar store, and play some Breedloves there.