Okay so I want to put a new neck on my slammer, probably a jackson neck do you guys think its worth it to do this? Also I wanted to put a humbucker in the bridge space for a hss configuration but would I have to change the electronics or is it already routed for that conversion?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
For the new neck, you will most likely need to either route out your guitar body or the wood under the fretboard to get the right intonation...
To get the right intonation you need to measure from the nut to the 12th fret (on the new neck) and then double that. this gives you your scale length. Your scale length is how far your bridge saddles should be away from the nut.

For the humbucker, your electronics you have now should be fine. You just need to unscrew your pickguard to find out if you have a cavity big enough for the humbucker, if not you just need to route it out (a chisel may also work but no where near as accurate)
You'll also need a new pickguard with a HSS config.
Good Luck!
Quote by guitarcam123
For the new neck, you will most likely need to either route out your guitar body or the wood under the fretboard to get the right intonation...
To get the right intonation you need to measure from the nut to the 12th fret (on the new neck) and then double that. this gives you your scale length. Your scale length is how far your bridge saddles should be away from the nut.

For the humbucker, your electronics you have now should be fine. You just need to unscrew your pickguard to find out if you have a cavity big enough for the humbucker, if not you just need to route it out (a chisel may also work but no where near as accurate)
You'll also need a new pickguard with a HSS config.
Good Luck!

Alright Thanks for the help
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor