If you had to choose either a Fender Fat Strat, or a Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe, which would you choose? You'd be playing out of a 50W tube combo amp, and playing alternative, punk, and pop-punk, with a little bit of heavier stuff, such as Avenged Sevenfold, Muse, Three Days Grace, Motley Crue, etc.
Telecaster... just like the feeling more than that of the strat.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
i would think a fat strat would be better.. although i personally do prefer telecasters and think you could get the tone out of it
signed,
your favorite poster
A7X + Tele? Doesn't sound promising. If you think you are likely to go heavier get the Fat Strat (or maybe put a HB in the Tele?)
Quote by Adam_G
A7X + Tele? Doesn't sound promising. If you think you are likely to go heavier get the Fat Strat (or maybe put a HB in the Tele?)

That model already has a HB.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Ah sorry, I am not educated enough I was suggesting a new HB for the sake of switching. I assumed he was after a traditional sound as well. I guess it's more about personal preference then.

EDIT: I have looked at that guitar and feel very silly. It looks great, go for it! Makes me feel very ordinary with my strat
Last edited by Adam_G at Oct 5, 2008,
Do you want single-coil tones or not? That's one of the most obvious objective difference. The Telecaster model in question has dual humbuckers, so no single coil tone for you! The Strat has the middle and bridge single coils. Do you want a trem or not? No trem on that Tele.

I'd probably get the Strat. I suspect it would be the more versatile guitar.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
Last edited by Free to Guitar at Oct 5, 2008,
Quote by Free to Guitar
Do you want single-coil tones or not? That's one of the most obvious objective difference. The Telecaster model in question has dual humbuckers, so no single coil tone for you! The Strat has the middle and bridge single coils. Do you want a trem or not? No trem on that Tele.

I'd probably get the Strat. I suspect it would be the more versatile guitar.

I probably won't be using a tremolo, and I prefer humbuckers this time around. I already have a Squier Stratocaster, and I know it's nothing like a Fender, but at least it's something with single coils. And if I honestly felt like it, I could upgrade the whole guitar with new pups, a floyd rose, etc.
So yes. Now you know. =D
fat strat for my vote. teles have a bit of an uncomfertable body shape and i don't think the tone would be quite what your looking for. a fat strat is a very versitile guitar and is good on a wide variety of music. tele is more of country, blues, classic rock, and that is pretty much it.
Those tele's are great guitars, and a fat strat is always a good buy.

That's a hard one, I'd say the tele, but that's probably because I already have a strat. You're going to have to go play them for yourself
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120