Page 1 of 3
okay this is pretty long, but i have to tell somebody about these two.

we only have ONE line at my work(retail store).
so this oneguy decides he's not gonna wait like everyone else and he's gonna make a second line consisting of himself.
this happens fairly recently and we usually just let them know there is only one line and they just go and join it without complaint, so the conversation goes like this:

me: sir, we actually just have one line that we all pull from

douche: well ive kinda been standing here for a while...so.....

me: im sorry sir but that's not the line. the line is over here. where the all the other customers are.

douche: yeah but i think that by the time i get over there you'll probably be done already and i'll end up right here anyway (that made no sense btw, because there was no way i was gonna finish up 12 customers in like 6 seconds)

me: well thats not really fair to all the other customers who got in line like they were supposed to.

douche:you know its really confusing. you should put a sign up or something.

me: (as i point to the sign that says "line forms here") there is a sign right here sir.
where everyone else has lined up

douche: (mumbles and gets in line)

this dumbass comes in and gets his crap, brings it up to my register and the total rings up to $29.07

the guy practically shits bricks. he panics and gets out his credit card and a dime and pushes them both to me....

w..........t.....................f.....

asspimple: (pointing to the dime) thats so its even.

me:
....sir thats a dime

asspimple: uh huh, yeah

me: .......sir a dime is worth ten cents.

asspimple: *blank stare*

me:.......not seven.

asspimple: (as he attempts to grasp the situation)but...i dont want all that change back. this will make it an even amount.

me: okay.....

no it wont make it an even amount and even if it did. you are paying with a credit card. you arent getting any change either way.

asspimple: you arent going to give me my change!?

me: (at this point im looking around for the group of people who paid this asshole to **** with me, but there is none.) sir you arent getting any change because you are paying. with. a credit card.

asspimple: *angrily stuffs his dime into his pocket and rips the card from my hand*
FINE!

*storms out*

i look over at my manager who was watching the whole thing, and all she does is facelpalm
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
HAHA EPIC! btw I have a hemroid.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Dude, I feel for you. I deliver pizza simply so I won't have to actually talk to as many people for as long of a time. Yet, somehow, the stupid ones always seem to find me. You have my sympathy.
Quote by fatgraymatt
I love metal but death metal's just a bit too much for me. The most I can get into is serious-illness metal.
Quote by birdman267
schmidty,
I care
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
If I had an axe that could make well formed vaginas I would go out a lot less.
Quote by Gmurcielago14
My god, I want to work wherever this is.

hahahaha there were actually two other customers who were somewhat "colorful" tonight but eh idk if people would want to hear about those too.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Quote by gun4hire
hahahaha there were actually two other customers who were somewhat "colorful" tonight but eh idk if people would want to hear about those too.

Yes. I love threads about people's jobs.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
I work at pizza hut and retards tend to call us daily. annoys the **** outta me >:[
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
^thanks to you Colgate and schmidty3000 i swear dude sometimes i feel like im in the Clerks movies. i'd like to think i would handle somehting that awesome like randall would.
Quote by Sonicxlover
That sounds like a terrible story to experience but a great story to tell.

I feel your pain . . .
^hahaha why thank you, i feel special now
Quote by Colgate Total
The worst thing is how you have to be nice to these morons.

yeah kinda. but ive found it somewhat satisfying to give the very professional "F*ck you" kinda like how i did with the first guy. i was being polite but it was obvious that i was making shit harder for him because he was an ass

oh and to shut_up_noob, gimme a sec and i'll write up the other two but they arent as interesting as these two
Quote by Sonicxlover
ahhhhh the shit we put up with to afford our gear huh?
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Unless I misunderstood, the guy in the second story was correct. He gave you a dime so he could have 3 cents in change and then ring up an even $29 on his credit card. I'm pretty sure you looked like the overall tool there.

EDIT: Just to clarify: at the retail stores I've worked at, you can pay with change first, and then the rest on credit card; basically, you can use multiple methods. He probably thought you could do this, and so neither of you is wrong.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Quote by Maus24
Unless I misunderstood, the guy in the second story was correct. He gave you a dime so he could have 3 cents in change and then ring up an even $29 on his credit card. I'm pretty sure you looked like the overall tool there.

why in the sh*t would he want to do that? that makes no sense.
Quote by Sonicxlover
I've lost it a couple times before. Once, when I was managing at Domino's (don't judge, it paid the bills, and got me through my first year of college with no debt), this guy called to say that he got the wrong pizza. Fine, I can understand that happening on a busy night. I offered to remake it and said it would be there in 20 minutes or so (he lived three blocks away). He called back again, saying that I had, quote, "cut up little pieces of canadian bacon instead of just putting breakfast bacon on." I calmly explained that, in all truth, we didn't have anything sharp enough to do that. Nor would I do that, after asking him THREE FRIGGIN TIMES the last time he called if he wanted BREAKFAST bacon or not. He kept arguing with me, and finally I said, "Fine, you want a ****ing refund, I'll be right there."

I promptly hopped in my car, hauled ass over to his place, slammed his gate open and started pounding on his door (mind you, he lived in the upstairs of a four-plex). He comes downstairs and hands me the pizza, I hand him his money, and storm away, slamming his gate back shut again. He yells, "Don't slam my gate." I yell back, "It's not your ****ing gate, you stupid son-of-a-*****. You rent!" And then hauled ass back to the store.

Turns out, I was right all along. I really had put the right toppings on. Stupid bastard just pissed me off. And best of all, my DM didn't do anything to me because I was the best Assistant manager they had in the city. Sad, but true, cause I really wasn't that good, nor did I really like the job. Delivering for Papa John's is leagues better.
Quote by fatgraymatt
I love metal but death metal's just a bit too much for me. The most I can get into is serious-illness metal.
Quote by birdman267
schmidty,
I care
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
Quote by Maus24

Why would you need an even amount on your credit card?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Maus24

You don't get change back with a credit card, and even if he gave him a dime, he'd still be 3 cents off of being even.
Quote by Colgate Total
The worst thing is how you have to be nice to these morons.

Exactly.

Except that where i work at i can deny them service if i think it's appropriate. What i hate about where i work at (24 hr money exchange, cashing checks business; i work the 3rd shift 11pm-7am) i get all the crazy customers. Not so much them... but the bums that come in here annoy me. Also, i've noticed that the ppl that always give me problems are black. Then again... they're all bums except for maybe one.

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by schmidty3000
I've lost it a couple times before. Once, when I was managing at Domino's (don't judge, it paid the bills, and got me through my first year of college with no debt), this guy called to say that he got the wrong pizza. Fine, I can understand that happening on a busy night. I offered to remake it and said it would be there in 20 minutes or so (he lived three blocks away). He called back again, saying that I had, quote, "cut up little pieces of canadian bacon instead of just putting breakfast bacon on." I calmly explained that, in all truth, we didn't have anything sharp enough to do that. Nor would I do that, after asking him THREE FRIGGIN TIMES the last time he called if he wanted BREAKFAST bacon or not. He kept arguing with me, and finally I said, "Fine, you want a ****ing refund, I'll be right there."

I promptly hopped in my car, hauled ass over to his place, slammed his gate open and started pounding on his door (mind you, he lived in the upstairs of a four-plex). He comes downstairs and hands me the pizza, I hand him his money, and storm away, slamming his gate back shut again. He yells, "Don't slam my gate." I yell back, "It's not your ****ing gate, you stupid son-of-a-*****. You rent!" And then hauled ass back to the store.

Turns out, I was right all along. I really had put the right toppings on. Stupid bastard just pissed me off. And best of all, my DM didn't do anything to me because I was the best Assistant manager they had in the city. Sad, but true, cause I really wasn't that good, nor did I really like the job. Delivering for Papa John's is leagues better.

Papa Johns ftw!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Xiaoxi
Why would you need an even amount on your credit card?

Quote by gun4hire
why in the sh*t would he want to do that? that makes no sense.

I don't know, but that's what the customer said he wanted... plus it's easier to keep a neat ledger with even amounts. I don't ****ing know.

EDIT:

Quote by HighPotency
You don't get change back with a credit card, and even if he gave him a dime, he'd still be 3 cents off of being even.

I know, but if you say paying with cash, 7 cents, it'll open up the drawer, give him his 3 cents, and then it'll ask how else the customer wants to pay, and you run the credit card through.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

+1 Maus24

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

pm C.C. Deville to join
Quote by Necrophagist777
Papa Johns ftw!

I've got such a better work atmosphere ever since I left Domino's. Papa John's won me over with their delicious crust and fresh ingredients, EVERY TIME!!

Also, the tips don't suck ass. Which is a total plus (shh, don't tell the IRS).
Quote by fatgraymatt
Quote by birdman267
schmidty,
I care
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
lol nice =)
Gear :
Fender Stratocaster Made in Mexico

Amps :
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Marshall Lead 20
Fender Performer 1000

Quote by gun4hire
i look over at my manager who was watching the whole thing, and all she does is facelpalm

Epic facepalm
Quote by schmidty3000
I've got such a better work atmosphere ever since I left Domino's. Papa John's won me over with their delicious crust and fresh ingredients, EVERY TIME!!

Also, the tips don't suck ass. Which is a total plus (shh, don't tell the IRS).

no pizza hut love?
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
welcome to retail man, i work at a gas station and stupidity walks through the door daily. for example .....old guy comes in one day and yells at me because his gas pump hasn't started and he thinks i'm just being lazy and not authorizing it for him, i tell him it's a prepay pump so he has to either pay at the pump or prepay for his gas his very words were "well maybe you should have that marked at the pumps!" ...i'm guessing he didn't notice the 6 foot tall red stickers we put on either side of the pump saying it was prepay or the big ass yellow ones on the other sides that say the same damn thing. if we ever get overrun by the elderly i think our first line of defense should be gas pumps because not a single old bastard can figure them out.
Quote by octavarium78
no pizza hut love?

Screw your pre-made crap. If you want a quality product, you go with the Papa.
Quote by fatgraymatt
Quote by birdman267
schmidty,
I care
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
Quote by Maus24
I don't know, but that's what the customer said he wanted... plus it's easier to keep a neat ledger with even amounts. I don't ****ing know.

Dude, just no.

The guy is just retarded.

And what you were saying about paying cash and credit usually applies to a spending limit. For example, if you're purchasing $500 worth of stuff and your debit card has a $300-a-day max limit, then you could pay $200 cash and $300 debit. But no one with common sense would give a dime to even out his credit card account. That's retarded.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Dude, just no.

The guy is just retarded.

And what you were saying about paying cash and credit usually applies to a spending limit. For example, if you're purchasing $500 worth of stuff and your debit card has a $300-a-day max limit, then you could pay $200 cash and $300 debit. But no one with common sense would give a dime to even out his credit card account. That's retarded.

People did it all the time when I worked at Target.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

+1 Maus24

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

pm C.C. Deville to join
Quote by schmidty3000

I know! the papa johns sauce is awesome.

Papa John is so metal

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by schmidty3000

lol pre made? everything at mine is freshly made
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Quote by Maus24
People did it all the time when I worked at Target.

That's cause people are morons. Pretty simple.

Seriously, I think the only people who don't end up giving 3/4ths of the clerks they visit a hard time are people who work in customer service. Even we end up giving 1/3rd of them a hard time anyway, without thinking about it. It's just human nature to be a dumbass.
Quote by fatgraymatt
Quote by birdman267
schmidty,
I care
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
Quote by inhatredofme
welcome to retail man, i work at a gas station and stupidity walks through the door daily. for example .....old guy comes in one day and yells at me because his gas pump hasn't started and he thinks i'm just being lazy and not authorizing it for him, i tell him it's a prepay pump so he has to either pay at the pump or prepay for his gas his very words were "well maybe you should have that marked at the pumps!" ...i'm guessing he didn't notice the 6 foot tall red stickers we put on either side of the pump saying it was prepay or the big ass yellow ones on the other sides that say the same damn thing. if we ever get overrun by the elderly i think our first line of defense should be gas pumps because not a single old bastard can figure them out.

What's worse is when those lazy asswipes miss the gigantic sign that says "Self Serve" and just sit there for five minutes looking like assholes.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by octavarium78
lol pre made? everything at mine is freshly made

Then your store is doing it wrong.
Quote by fatgraymatt
Quote by birdman267
schmidty,
I care
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
lol, both stories sound like something out of a Monty Python sketch.
XIAOXI
Quote by schmidty3000

i think you're the one doing it wrong.

Btw, garlic jims ftw. Or if you're in orlando, there's a place that makes this awesome deep-dish pizza.
Quote by schmidty3000

nah, i think every pizza hut is doing that lol.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Page 1 of 3