hi guys, ive lost count of the amount of times ive posted a which amp thread and im eternally sorry for it, but im sooooooooo confused as to which amp i would like to get in the near future...

Alright,

My budget : $1000 AUD

Style : Indie (Bloc Party), Rock (Muse) etc.

Situation : I'm looking for an all tube amp with good cleans as i only plan to use pedals (stompboxes) as effects but will use the reverb on the amp if it has it. As my styles suggest, i will need a fair amount of clean headroom with the amp before it starts to naturally distort, so a 30+ watt would be good. I have already tried out a fender blues junior and LOVED it, although it was only 15 watts, it sounded sweet. I dont gig atm, but i will be jamming with a friend (drummer) in the future. So i was thinking these amps:

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 40 watt
Peavey Valveking 112
Maybe Peavey classic 30

Please Help
Last edited by halvies at Oct 5, 2008,
I say go for the HRD out of those. The Valveking, while decent, leaves a lot more to ask for.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
go play them all and decide which one YOU think sounds best
Quote by DirtyMakik
Pointless threads like those make me cry my bloody cum out.
the problem is, i dont have access to a half decent store, the closest one has NO tube amps. But i have just found a used Classic 30 for $500 (OMGWTFHAX!!!!), im a bit skeptical, but even if it is a bit old, wont a tube & speaker swap suffice to almost new? It says its in exellent condition ?!?!?!
Quote by halvies
alright guys, im about to ring the guy selling the classic 30, im just wondering wat questions should i ask?

The quality and things like that. See if it needs anything replacing, and how old it is, just some things like that. See if you can go play it aswell, people like to lie down the phone. Silly people.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by halvies
alright guys, im about to ring the guy selling the classic 30, im just wondering wat questions should i ask?

how long he's had it for, speakers in it, how old the tubes are, is it properly set and biased?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.