Im choosing between a fender strat or epiphone les paul but im not sure which would suit my style better. I know the fender has high treble and the epiphone has th crunchy sound. But i like both. I like rock, alternative, indie, blues, jazz music. So could someone help me choose the better one? Both are about the same prices. I forgot what fender im aiming for but it has 2 single coils and one double coil and the epiphone les paul studio with 2 humbuckers. Or should i get a tele? I need alot of help man.
Both would suit well, but the strat would come out on top, supposing its a decent model
i dont kno about the strat, im sure its fine, but i only have one guitarist in my band and he does lead and rythm, and each sound great, and thats on the epi les paul, he can switch to rythm and play punk or metal, and then switch to the treb and play rush solos.. and each sounds great with only the flick of a switch, so idk, i like the les paul... but thats just me
I personally like Teles better but for you i'd say you get a Fender Fat Strat. It has a humbucker in the bridge and 2 single coils. It's more versatile than a Tele or a Les Paul.

I recommend going out and trying them out ans seeing what feels and sounds good. Like i said, i like the feel of Teles and their clean sound, followed by Les Pauls and SGs for their versatility and sound, followed by ibanez-styled guitars. To be honest i don't like the feel on strats but that's because i always tend to hit the pickups with my pick when i'm palm muting and the whammy bar gets in my way.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
well i bought an epi and put a double-coil seymour duncan in the bridge and now it can play really anything
sounds epic!
i have an epi.... in one word.....AWESOME......

you can get strats for the same price?? ohh fender where have you been all my life?
Quote by Vauxite
Lots of lulz were produced, thankyou good sir
take a tele, then replacee the stock PUs by texas specials, they scream like hell.
Either the Strat or the Tele, more comfortable, better fret access and lighter (also look better imo), but i'm not much of a les paul kinda guy :P
You do realised there are more than 2 guitar companies in the world?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Advise on this over the internet is 100% useless. Go try them out. Buy what feels good in your hands and sounds good to your ears.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by jonoh248
Im choosing between a fender strat or epiphone les paul but im not sure which would suit my style better. I know the fender has high treble and the epiphone has th crunchy sound. But i like both. I like rock, alternative, indie, blues, jazz music. So could someone help me choose the better one? Both are about the same prices. I forgot what fender im aiming for but it has 2 single coils and one double coil and the epiphone les paul studio with 2 humbuckers. Or should i get a tele? I need alot of help man.

i go for fender strat but epiphone would still be good
Just dont get anything with the EMG active pickups they´ll corrupt you wihout mercy
Quote by stratdud39
why not an hss strat?

I agree but dont let that H be active...oh dont...beware you are too young to be batterized
Quote by MANTAJAZZ
I agree but dont let that H be active...oh dont...beware you are too young to be batterized

of course, but i dont think any fender strats come with active pickups, so he should be good.
except for maybe some signature models.
Quote by stratdud39
of course, but i dont think any fender strats come with active pickups, so he should be good.
except for maybe some signature models.

yes but you never know.people these days often disrespect a decent guitar by changing to EMG actives to play some cool metal thats why most of players suck these days and they all sound the same.......i think someone should buy a tele and play some new kind of metal hmm
Quote by MANTAJAZZ
yes but you never know.people these days often disrespect a decent guitar by changing to EMG actives to play some cool metal thats why most of players suck these days and they all sound the same.......i think someone should buy a tele and play some new kind of metal hmm

Jim Root and John 5 both have tele's, and use them for metal....Jim Root even put 2x EMG's in it.

Quote by MANTAJAZZ
Just dont get anything with the EMG active pickups they´ll corrupt you wihout mercy

what he said

Quote by steven seagull
You do realised there are more than 2 guitar companies in the world?

LIES!

Quote by B.do
take a tele, then replacee the stock PUs by texas specials, they scream like hell.

or get a Fender Roadhouse Deluxe Strat that comes with texas special pups.
Quote by MANTAJAZZ

I can tell you've never seen John 5's Tele collection.