I know theres a Search bar btw.
Im having some amp purchase blues. I have been set on buying a BH LG for a while, But ive decided that it may not be the best match. I play Classic Rock, Prog Rock, Blues. But I do like a bit of heavy distortion, however not Modern Heavy, I hate that.

Considering im in Australia, the prices are rocket high. However the TT head is around 100-150 cheaper than the Blackheart Halfstack. Which is good on my bank, but I have no cab unless I use the speaker from my MG30DFX. I've heard that you can use the speaker of a combo as a cab. Obviously I wouldn't use it perminently.

Well I work hard for my things, but I only get $65 - $115 a week. However it is my birthday coming up in around 2 weeks so I would be getting some molaah soon.

My point is, would I really be satisfied with a 5 watt amp or should I push myself a little further for a head and then buy a small cab later? I've had it with my 2 year MG.

Oh yeah I have a MIM hss strat, epi LP-100. Boss DS-1, zoom G2.

Play bands like Zeppelin, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Blue Oyster Cult, Porcupine Tree, Opeth (primarily their clean stuff) etc
id go for the tt its way better quality and satsfy your needs way longer thats if u want start gigging at pubs and what not, but if your buying just to play in your room u would be better off with one of the better modelling amps
the BH would do but i'd go for the TT if you could, its an awesome amp
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
The Blackheart needs to be cranked to get drive, but the Orange has gain on tap, and more of it too.

They'll both do the sounds you want, but I suggest you get the TT coz it will keep up with a drummer better than the BH, but they both sound great.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by stewart91
id go for the tt its way better quality and satsfy your needs way longer thats if u want start gigging at pubs and what not, but if your buying just to play in your room u would be better off with one of the better modelling amps

Well the reason why I want a decent tube is so I don't have a digital tone.

Besides, would it be recommended to temporalily use my combo as a cab?
I have got an extra $250 from my parents for finding my first apprienticeship (carpentry ) and finishing highschool. I have $539 bucks atm. And another 66 bucks from this week at work.

Provided I haggle the price of the TT down to 750, i'd be able to soon buy a cab.
So its save up more with a horrid tone, or being able to buy an amp with a significant tone change.

Also any Aussies able to find me a good TT price online would be appreciated. guitar.com.au has them for $840 But i'm sure I found them cheaper somewhere else.
Buy the Orange TT
The blackheart is a temporary upgrade in my books, and you will want to buy a new amp, (such as an orange or better), in a while. Just save up to get the better, more permanent amp and you won't regret it. I'm also looking for an orange TT and had considered the blackheart but after listening to Youtube clips, etc., I'm going to get the Orange.
Allans Music has the TT for AU$799
http://www.allansmusic.com.au/Product.aspx?p=122471

They also have a '3 Easy Pay' scheme, where you pay 1/2 when you pick it up (AU$400), 1/4 a month later (AU$200) and the last 1/4 (AU$200) a month after that

Turra Music has the TT for AU$750
http://www.turramusic.com.au/Pages/CatalogueItem.aspx?CIID=1657

No payment scheme here but you can use the cheaper price to bargain with Allans or just buy it outright from Turra
I am pretty much sold on the TT now, I think I might be able to buy a 112 cab to use temporalily. Worked double time for three hours last night, pretty good boost right there.

Also where is Allans Music in Sydney? I remember driving past a few music shops on my way to a concert a few weeks back (I Live near Parramatta).
also the orange is louder if you plan on gigging. We had a band party at my fraternity house this past thursday. One of them members used a crate palomino. Great amp, took all of his pedals very well.

The other guitarist used a 15 watt fender princeton (i think?) which was all tube. Easily 150 people there. Still had to shout over them. I was amazed at how much volume that 15 watt tube was able to put out
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
isn't the Orange boutique? or are they just really high end mass-produced?

either way, the blackheart is a mass-produced tube amp, but a GREAT one at that! i guarantee even if you got the BH instead, the change in tone would be HUGE. but yes, the Orange will have some better sound quality...i mean come on...that's why you're paying so much more.

but do realize that the blackheart has much potential in it if you decided to save money. it does everything you want to do.

i love mine. and even if you get an Orange TT...you'll still want another amp in time... there's no getting around THAT!!! GAS is inevitable! LOL....

hope the TT ends up being just what you're looking for! i'd love to have one.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
I'd say the Orange. It can get a fair good amount of gain compared to the Blackheart, and could easily handle anything you play. The downside is that it is a single channel amp (The amount of volume you use will affect how much is overdrives at volume stages) and instead of a three band EQ it has a tone knob, so if you want to precisely shape your tone ideally you should use the cash you save buying the TT to get an EQ pedal.
Quote by Highwaytohell
Orange TT
Blackheart is good, Orange is better.

nuff said.

This.
The TT is just on another level of quality and tone.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by silly hats

Also where is Allans Music in Sydney? I remember driving past a few music shops on my way to a concert a few weeks back (I Live near Parramatta).

There is one in the city on Pitt Street and a bigger one on Botany Rd in Alexandria
Quote by Jaksar
There is one in the city on Pitt Street and a bigger one on Botany Rd in Alexandria

Thank you Sir Knight.

Nothing new to say from me.
In comparing to a Tiny Terror, I would think that the Handsome Devil would be more of an apples to apples comparison over the Little Giant.

That being said, I don't think you can make a bad decision between the two.