Hi. I own a Fender mexican strat but whenever i tune up or down from standard on one string, all the other strings keep going out of tune. When i drop on one string, all the others go up, and the opposite happens when i tune to open E or something. Is there any way that I could keep the strings more in tune. The fact i have to tune the guitar 5 times every time i want to drop to something as simple as drop D is annoying. Thanks in advance.
Maybe the neck is loose and when you tune your guitar down, less tension causing the other strings to loosen a bit and go out of tune.
i thought this was normalish with strats? get a trem setter maybe that would help
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Oh ok. I thought it may be something with the amount of springs in the back of the bridge or something,
if the bridge isnt balanced, you'll have a lot of tuning issues.

so if you see that the bridge is raised, repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I've got a small block of wood that I could put in the cavity of the bridge. Would that help it keep in tune?
Quote by BFMVxx
Maybe the neck is loose and when you tune your guitar down, less tension causing the other strings to loosen a bit and go out of tune.

No

TS, it means your trem is floating, if it was set flat on the body of the guitar you wouldn't have this problem

You need to balance the bridge like Jenny said - de-tuning is lowering the overall string tension so you have to likewise lower the tension of the trem springs.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
look up a thing called a tremol-no i really want one cause its meant to prevent exactly this
fender strat
fender acoustic
line6 spider 2 150 watt
can of, rock your face off

..................you cant spell crap without rap.......................
it's not a floyd^

yeah, i mean, he could get some fancy tool, but really TS all you need to do is tighten the two screws in the trem cavity and add a spring or 2 in there.

add the springs first. about $2.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011