....for anyone in the UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00dyhyt

should be worth a watch

this is only my 9th thread in 2 years, I might make double figures in time for the next world cup....
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Sounds cool; anything with Bill Bailey is win
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Looks like it'll be pretty interesting, although if it's yentob I doubt it will go into a lot of rock or metal once he gets to the more modern phase of it.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
wow, sounds great!

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
wow, sounds great!

Unfortunately I'm don't think you'll be able to watch it due to the unique way in which the BBC is funded...

...you could give the BBC iPlayer a try but I'm pretty sure it's region-locked.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i just found out yesterday that i get bbc on my sat radio / and tv but they never play anything except these two ladies that go around cleaning dirty houses.

i was just trying to be one of the crowd.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

reality tv is terrible. some of the bbc stuff can be good, though, especially on bbc 2 or 4. edit: the real hustle is excellent, i think it's on bbc 3. depends which channels you get, i guess.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
haha i just checked and right now Dr Who is on!

that's so funny. it's actually called BBC america.

edit: wow i guess you all have a show called "life on mars"?
we are getting that as a new series this fall!

ever since the office, we've been stealing and american-izing all your shows.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565

Life on Mars was amazing, I'm not sure how it'll translate though.

Dr Who rocks - which one is it?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

the last one just ended but now it's "42" the doctor and martha feel the heat in a race against time!

sounds exciting!
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Oh, that one was fun! Kind of a rip off of Event Horizon and Sunshine but good fun, paced in "real time" like 24.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

awesome, thank god I get BBC 1 and 2 in mah channel pack will watch
Quote by jj1565
i was just trying to be one of the crowd.

I'd much rather have you as part of "the crowd" than some of the actual English users who hang around here some times

I'll absolutely be watching this though, even if I have to actually leave the computer and watch it in my own room...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by jj1565

i've never really watched those... do you get QI and Have I Got News for You (HIGNFY might not completely translate as it's based on our politics)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for the heads up Mr. Seagul. Thank god for BBC iplayer...
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by Dave_Mc
i've never really watched those... do you get QI and Have I Got News for You (HIGNFY might not completely translate as it's based on our politics)

i just looked in my recorder. it doesnt see these shows. :/

my sat radio is all news tho. i bet these shows are there.

^^^

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Sky plus'd and series linked. Just in time too!!
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by jj1565
i just looked in my recorder. it doesnt see these shows. :/

my sat radio is all news tho. i bet these shows are there.

^^^

oh, those are tv shows, not radio... i don't think they'd be on the radio...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by jj1565
^^^

Anyway, just watched the show; it was interesting but I was mildly disappointed with the lack of jazz but it's an interesting little history lesson and I'm looking forward to the next one more.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Anyway, just watched the show; it was interesting but I was mildly disappointed with the lack of jazz but it's an interesting little history lesson and I'm looking forward to the next one more.

I'm looking forward to next week too...electricity ftw

Having said that the footage of guys like Django and Segovia was great to see, and it looks like there's a good spread in terms of people they've interviewed.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by Horlicks
I want an acoustic guitar that can put out matches dammit

I wouldn't have even dared put a match next to that guitar. Imagine all the Brazillian rosewood, gone!!!

I seriously wouldn't mind one of those guitars, all the best acoustic guitars are made by rednecks with no internet access.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by steven seagull
I'm looking forward to next week too...electricity ftw

Having said that the footage of guys like Django and Segovia was great to see, and it looks like there's a good spread in terms of people they've interviewed.

Ahh, I'd forgotten about those bit, yeah, the Segovia footage was good but I'd seen most, if not all of the Django stuff before. Always a joy to watch the man play though.

I also want one of those acoustics though; such brilliant tone! *drool*

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Bump for the second part

electricity gets invented!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Late bump for part 3
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Mildly unimpressed by the fact that they skipped basically everything that happened after punk with the exception of 5 seconds of Vai and a whole lot of Morrisey.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Just caught bits and bobs in it, seemed mildly interesting. Needs more Bailey!

But really, it's a decent insight into the history of guitar. Not bad!
While we're on the subject of guitars on TV in the UK:

Is anyone watching the "Guitar heroes on the BBC" thing on BBC4? If so can you tell me who the guy is with the accoustic and the huge amounts of delay and all that? He's awesome but I missed his name...

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Mildly unimpressed by the fact that they skipped basically everything that happened after punk with the exception of 5 seconds of Vai and a whole lot of Morrisey.

agreed. also it jumped about a bit from one genre/time to another. but was still pretty good, was impressed that they had vai.

i saw a bit of that guitar heroes thing, but i didn't see the bit you were talking about, sorry.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
agreed. also it jumped about a bit from one genre/time to another. but was still pretty good, was impressed that they had vai.

i saw a bit of that guitar heroes thing, but i didn't see the bit you were talking about, sorry.

They also basically missed out the whole "shred" thing which I wasn't impressed by at all.

Oh well, to the iPlayer!

Edit: Found him, a guy called John Martyn, song - Dealer.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Oct 20, 2008,
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?