I don't know if anyone ever did this, but basically you put the albums you think are awesome, at least one for each style of music you like.

Power Metal - Elements 1 by Stratovarius/ Paradise Lost - Symphony X ( not quite power metal though...)
Thrash - ...And Justice for All - Metallica/ Vulgar Display of Power - Pantera
Heavy Metal - Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden / No More Tears - Ozzy Osbourne
Metalcore - Shogun - Trivium / The War Within - Shadows Fall
Melodic death metal - Anthems of Rebellion/ Doomsday Machine by Arch Enemy /
Figure Number Five - Soilwork
Hard Rock - Mafia - by Black Label Society
Prog Metal - Blackwater Park - Opeth
Instrumental Rock/Metal - Suspended Animation - John Petrucci/ Technical Difficulties - Racer X
Shred - No Boundaries - MAB
Last edited by Vitor_vdp at Oct 5, 2008,
oh my god WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pantera isnt thrash, they were influenced by thrash, u could say that maybe cowboys from hell is thrash, but theres no way in hell vulgar display of power is thrash, its groove metal, which is bands like pantera, sepultura, lamb of god, and all that good stuff.
Quote by homer00799
oh my god WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pantera isnt thrash, they were influenced by thrash, u could say that maybe cowboys from hell is thrash, but theres no way in hell vulgar display of power is thrash, its groove metal, which is bands like pantera, sepultura, lamb of god, and all that good stuff.

Far Beyond Driven, The Great Southern Trendkill, Reinventing The Steel = Trashcore
Knedl mid Soß. Des moga!
This is gonna die so fast, no-one will ever agree with you.

And we all know that the best Hard Rock album is Rocks by Aerosmith.
Quote by Vitor_vdp
I don't know if anyone ever did this, but basically you put the albums you think are awesome, at least one for each STYLE of music you like.

So it's not exactly genre. Pay attention. Yes, the name of the thread is misleading. Sorry i guess.
And I really ask myself sometimes if Pantera is actually thrash, but because I don't know what they really are, i just put it under thrash.
Quote by DownInAHole.
Genre? It looks like alot of metal sub-genres if you'd ask me.

I agree with Bob Saget.

He knows his shit.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Vitor_vdp

Hard Rock - Mafia - by Black Label Society

hard rock is...led zeppelin (ok it's classic rock too), aerosmith, scorpions, etc

BLS are more like doom, heavy groove metal
doom? well, i don't even know how, but you are even wronger than i was at first. I think it's just heavy metal. Well, at least in some of their album's reviews i seen before it usually says Hard rock/ Heavy metal.

Perfect song example - Fire It Up.