Hi dear friends,

I wanted to learn guitar and also I got an acoustic guitar too..I cannot afford to go to any institution to take classes from a teacher. Have just now joined UG, hoping that all you experienced freinds will guide me towards the beautiful journey of music..So, please suggest me where to start with...do I need to learn music theory?..pls help me step by step......
Welcome to UG! I have a website that will surely help you along your journey from Novice to Experienced! (I use it too)

www.justinguitar.com

Free guitar lessons, and he's a really nice guy.

Good Luck!
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Hi
Welcome to UG,
with what to start with is down to what you want to do with Guitar, if you want to write your own songs then theory could help a lot, maybe learn some fingering and picking techniques as well and some basic chords at first.
You could also try learn some basic songs which you like which im sure you could find on UG.

Good Luck!
Quote by Våd Hamster
''I'm gay''

*Awkward silence*

''Actually, I'm just a vegetarian''

*Silence*

Dad- ''Same thing.''
Quote by FMNStratGuy
Welcome to UG! I have a website that will surely help you along your journey from Novice to Experienced! (I use it too)

www.justinguitar.com

Free guitar lessons, and he's a really nice guy.

Good Luck!

Thanks a lot buddy!!!! This is really a wonderful website for a complete beginner like me....