Page 1 of 2
Well it's tradition to ruin perfectly fine trilogies...

EDIT - Well, at least without Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightly there will be more action... right?
Terrible idea, the second and especially the third weren't as good as the first so I really hope they don't make a fourth.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
The first movie was the best
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Quote by ralph wiggum
http://www.filmofilia.com/2008/03/01/pirates-of-the-caribbean-4-in-2011/

i dont think the series really needs a fourth movie, it seemed kind of finished at the end of the third... so i dont know where they are going to go with it.

thoughts?

You're kidding right? It was finished at the end of the first 10 minutes of the first.
That Cheap Fucking Smile Carries You To Bed

Those Lips Are Social Suicide But I Just Wanna See You Dead.
The first one was awesome. Second and third were bollocks imo.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
I never really liked the Pirates movies, but I did see all three of them in the theatres. The end of the 3rd did set it up for a 4th, but the notion of a "buddy film" between Sparrow and Barbossa just sounds like a bad idea.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Your all only saying the first one was better because it was something fresh. If you had seen the second or third first you'd think they were better.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood
Your all only saying the first one was better because it was something fresh. If you had seen the second or third first you'd think they were better.

On the contrary, I thought they were all rather terrible.

It's you're by the way.

Its all about money... POTC merchandise sells like mad. Even though the movies are tired now, they make so much money for WD. Ugh... I remember Johnny Depp saying he didnt even want to do a third....
Quote by dethskar0
You're kidding right? It was finished at the end of the first 10 minutes of the first.

to be honest i cant even remember what happens in the first one
The only part I enjoyed out of the ENTIRE series was about 15 seconds of dialog.

The whole "But you have heard of me" part. Funny. Other than that, series = gay.

They are doing the same with Spiderman 4(I made a thread about it if you remember it...), which is also going to be released in 2011.

Conspiracy??

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by Gargantuan
They are doing the same with Spiderman 4(I made a thread about it if you remember it...), which is also going to be released in 2011.

Conspiracy??

POTC > Spiderman.

That doesn't say much for the Spiderman franchise.
Quote by Gargantuan

Conspiracy??

No. It's not the same. Pirates started with the goal of being a trilogy. Spider-Man originally signed on for 9 movies. Supposedly Toby McGuire isn't playing Spider-Man anymore though.

Quote by hazzmatazz
Well it's tradition to ruin perfectly fine trilogies...

EDIT - Well, at least without Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightly there will be more action... right?

oooh, i hope so

and a 4th one isnt really necessary
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by boreamor
Oh another sucky Pirates movie.

The FIRST one was good goddammit.

+1.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
They should've left it with the first one. That was awesome, the other 2 kinda ruined it.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by The_Paranoia
God dammit no! The 3rd was just horrible. I only enjoyed Keith Richards.

His cameo was such blatant, unnecessary name-whoring that I wanted to hit the stranger next to me in the face.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I like these movies alot... at least I don't have monkey titties

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Where both captains of the Black Pearl would initially be competing for the exact same prize.But eventually all the double crossing would have to stop as these two rivals were then forced to join forces in order to defeat some supernatural terror.”

That wasn't predictable at all.
--------
Quote by apothecarrie
That wasn't predictable at all.

Yes it was. Sarcasm FTL!

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Why is the rum gone?
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by xander307
Why is the rum gone?

oh... that's why.

Quote by Våd Hamster

i actually think the 2nd one was the best. the 3rd one sucked tho. but i thought everyone knew it was comeing? didnt u hear something about a 'fountain of youth'?
It seems pointless imo. I've only watched the 3rd one once, it wasn't great. I think they should just leave it where it is.
I heard they were, the 3rd one messed up everything everybody was hoping for and it was just...too...epic for a pirate movie, it lacked the swashbuckler style, some good and funny parts but it was lousy. I think they have to make a 4th one, a dang good 4th one to get them out of the hole that 3 put 'em in.
they said they were gonna focus it soley on captian jack sparrow and if they do then ill definatley go see it.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Well there was a Monkey Island 4 so they still have plenty of storyline to steal.

This
Except I'd much rather play a monkey island game. Apparently they intend to make a 5th at some point in the future. I can't see it happening though. Lucasarts have scrapped all of their good licenses in favour of more bloody star wars games
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by LesPaulLeader08
Ah, I assume this one should be about The Fountain of Youth.

thats what i was thinking too. they had the whole thing with the map at the end of the third movie.

the link said it likely would focus mainly on Jack, which i think would be pretty cool.

we'll see if it happens.
Page 1 of 2