Hello UG!

Well, after 4 years of playing I have finally attained my second guitar. After countless hours of trawling the Web and guitar stores looking for the guitar that's right for me, I finally found it. As of Thursday I became the proud owner of an ESP LTD EC-400 TSB!

(Apologies for the large photos & shoddy clarity close up, it's a camera phone)

This guitar is everything I could have asked for. The neck is fantastic to play (Thin U style I believe) and the body suits me just fine. The Seymour Duncan JB/59 combo works an absolute treat, and is as versatile as I could have hoped for. Aesthetically I think it's gorgeous, I love the flamed maple top (very well matched) and how the finish changes hue and brightness under different conditions.

I'll most likely make a proper review of the guitar once I've got to know it's ins-and-outs more.

Just thought I'd share!
I'm going to create the procrastination club, just later...
Last edited by Saint of Steel at Oct 5, 2008,
Wait a second, is that a Spider underneath a MG?!?

Just kidding!

Nice guitar, have a free e-beer on me!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
nice guitar, man
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Thats a beauty! Enjoy that thing my friend!
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
I was waiting for some amp hating...

Ah, the Spider does the business, and the MG was part of the starter pack I bought many a moon ago. Finances willing I'll be able to upgrade my amp situation before or after purchasing some form of electro-acoustic.
The guitar looks nice.so now you can buy yourself a new amp In my opinion its always better to have a better amp than to have a good guitar and a crappy amp.I myself have that little marshall and i know its crappy and line 6 is...hmm...a line 6
thats really nice man, i always liked that sharp cut out on the ESP's
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Very nice. That's the guitar I plan on getting as well. If only I had the money.
very nice, i thought you had to go up to the 1000s to get a figured top, guess i was wrong (or else they brought out a new model).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
very nice, i thought you had to go up to the 1000s to get a figured top, guess i was wrong (or else they brought out a new model).

I had originally wanted an EC-1000 a while ago, but realised that I didn't particularly need 24 frets, and the small differences in hardware (which are few and far between) were not worth an extra £250.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
sexy sexy sexy.
I'm usually not too fond pf that kind of finish, but it fits that guitar well
The Sytematic Chaos poster almost makes up for your "mini stack of doom". Almost....

JK, and awesome guitar. Very classy looking.
VERY nice looking. And if your looking for a cheap but still really nice amp, the crate v series (the v18 and the v33) in particular are all tube and only like 250, I just got the v33 and it sounds great. But anyways, guitar looks great, congratz dude!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
I knew I was asking for trouble when the amps got in the shot...

Put it this way, are there any UGers out there who wouldn't want a guitar upgrade after having the same crappy beginners guitar for nigh on 4 years? The Line 6 does it's job and at the time was great value for money, the amp situation will be rectified as soon as funds are permitting now I have a new guitar.
yeah, definitely. i normally advise buying a new amp before a guitar, but it does depend on how good the current guitar is. black and white advice is generally a bad thing... i mean, i'd personally rather play a good guitar through a microcube, or a spider, than a $50 pos through a nicer amp. of course, though, if you already have the good guitar, i'd rather buy a new amp than buy a slightly nicer guitar...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
There's an enormous chrysalis on your guitar in the second picture. Use the gravity gun to stun it then walk over the bulb for some extra health.
great looking guitar
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
Silly man.

Do I see a bottle of chloroform on the table in the first pic?
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Quote by Wylde_Man
Very nice guitar!! Gotta love LTD's.

May i ask what it weighs, and if it is neckheavy?

Ta mate.

Couldn't give you an exact weight, but it's not back-breakingly heavy like some LP shaped guitars. There's weight to it, but it's not overbearing. Assuming you aren't a complete wimp then it's an entirely manageable weight.

Neck heavy? Nope, not in the slightest! Stays where it's supposed to when you're standing.

I'm still to find a fault with this guitar, the only possible niggle I have at the moment is the lack of an extra tone knob, but then as I use the tone controls sparingly this isn't much of an issue at the moment.
I have one of these on my EXTENSIVE GAS list. When i got the viper i have now, i was choosing between it and a similar EC. I picked my viper over the EC because it seemed to have better fret access. I sort of regret it now, because mines a neckheavy SOB. If you get a chance to weigh yours and want to compare it to my viper, mine weighs 8lbs.
Nice one man, hope it plays as nice as it looks.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/