i kow everyone thinks there music scene is great but describe it for everyone

i live in barrie ontario our music scene consits of metal and mostly hardcore music its hard to find blues or jazz or any of tht stuff someone from our music scene is beyond this illusion www.myspace.com/beyondthisillusionband my friends band but yeah desribe yours
gear:
squier fat strat
fender 15 watt amp
yamaha f310
ibanez DS7(distortion)
pretty sure there is a thread like this some where..

gold coast is mostly a -core scene

mourning tide are pretty cool, they are like. glam-core
http://www.myspace.com/mourningtide

and before the throne is a popular local death-core band
http://www.myspace.com/beforethethronemetal

but its pretty easy to find some blues bands or whatever playing in surfers
Last edited by ralph wiggum at Oct 5, 2008,
i think my music scene sucks brooklyn new york
everything that made new york a great scene has been closed or just impossible to do
brooklyn has nothing in it except the same old same old where everyone plays at
scenes mostly metalcore and all of its variants and punk and i guess alternative and some metal here and there
My scene is a old rock and metal with a shit load of cover bands some punk and more and more core bands which is better as I hate old metal and rock.
i remember a few years ago, everybody was really into screamo.
all the local bands would be tuned to Drop D.
everyone loved it.

but now, everyone is into deathcore.
all the bands are in Drop A#.
things change.
the most popular band in my area is Monsters on Maple Street.
the vocals arent that great but i like the music.

but i like all kinds of stuff, so its pretty cool i guess.
Last edited by !normajean! at Oct 5, 2008,
Luckily I live in one of the music-scene heavens. Dallas has everything. Really.
That Cheap Fucking Smile Carries You To Bed

Those Lips Are Social Suicide But I Just Wanna See You Dead.
Mine is a lot of pop-rock bands who think they're emo. Not that great but we do we have a lot of awesome acoustic folky musicians.
Quote by Calbs
My scene is a old rock and metal with a shit load of cover bands some punk and more and more core bands which is better as I hate old metal and rock.

To each his own I suppose but...

wat.

Here in Belgium music scenes kinda suck. A few metalheads, the thrash hype keeps gaining populairity here.
Quote by Jimmy94

"I like dark jazz like OPETH"
"you should listen to BETWEEN THE BURIED IN ME"
"that is not real jazz"
"LOL R U KIDDING ME HNNNNGGGG"
Well my town has nothing but shitty cover bands but in places like St.johns(The Capital city) has a really good core and screamo scene.There is also a good rock,alternative and progressive scene.
I decided to change my sig to something big and colorful
minneapolis, in my opinion has a great music scene. we've got a pretty solid punk scene (dillinger 4), indie-ish scene (red fox grey fox, jamestown story), pop-punk (sing it loud), and an AMAZING (real) hip-hop scene, none of that mainstream garbage, we have all the good stuff like atmosphere, brother ali, pos, eyedea and abilities....people who have something to say. those are the only parts of it i'm really involved in, but i know that there's gotta be some great blues musicians, jazz musicians, whatever floats your boat.
I thought I heard the door open, oh no,
I thought I heard the door open but
I only heard it close.
Ellensburg, WA is pretty good. The Screaming Trees started up here. We have some pretty good bands like The Dave Rawlinson Band, my friend's metal band Bunta, a few pop-punk bands, and a bunch of others from the college. It could be better, but it's not bad at all. And then I've got Seattle about an hour and a half away, and their scene is amazing.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Another form washington, mine kind of sucks. There is mostly screamo (might be grindcore, I don't know the difference), and hip hop. But the hip hop sucks.
A lot of screamo and hardcore stuff here. As well as emo and the poppy r/b stuff.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Lancaster, Pennsylvania

mostly a bunch of metalcore, hardcore, screamo, and emo bands. I really hate our music scene. Very few metal or punk bands. Or even modern/alt rock bands.
Quote by daytripper75
I am jealous. I wish we had a ska scene here. Maybe I'll try to start a ska band.
You should. I would, but I'm horrible at playing ska. It's not as easy as I thought it would be..
Quote by KlassikMetal666
You should. I would, but I'm horrible at playing ska. It's not as easy as I thought it would be..

Yeah I need to practice my ska guitar playing first. Once you get the basic strumming patterns down it isn't too bad.
rap, metal core (if thats whats its called, metal.

my cities music scene sucks. lol
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
My area has a lot of scenester acoustic bands and hardcore. The hardcore scene is actually quite unique in my opinion. It's a mix between metalcore and old school hardcore punk.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
My area's scene is basically alternative bands with some hardcore and pop punk bands. Think Blink 182 meets Bring Me The Horizon meets The Killers.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Quote by humandragon
i kow everyone thinks there music scene is great but describe it for everyone

i live in barrie ontario our music scene consits of metal and mostly hardcore music its hard to find blues or jazz or any of tht stuff someone from our music scene is beyond this illusion www.myspace.com/beyondthisillusionband my friends band but yeah desribe yours

That's the longest run-on sentence I've seen for a while....
But our scene around here are ****ty bands and emo kids everywhere....every band and every song sounds the same.
I know none of y'all are country fans........but our country scene is incredible. I know what your thinking, a bunch of rednecks tring to pick up toothless hillbillies. You are wrong.

The last club i went to was nothing but ladies wearing nothing but mini skirts and cowboy hats......

Oh the music....well its country.
epic7734