Page 1 of 348
xifr
Master of the Penguins
1,067 IQ
Because you probably haven't: make sure you read the forum rules at:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=557628
(or you will probably end up banned )

Originally posted by SV300
The list below, consists of members of this forum, who have been consistently helpful, given honest, insightful and more importantly accurate information, and therefore, have earned a spot on this list. In other words, listen to these people.

The current Who To Listen To list is of active members of the forums. The honorary list is of people who rarely pop in, but are time tried veterans on the forums.

Members of this list can carry this tag in their sig (and can be identified by thus)
Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008

*note: the names at the top in green are the mods of the forum. Contact them if you have any questions.

The Who to Listen to List

• xifr
  • jof1029
  • Roc8995
  • ZAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
  • Mascot
  • Dave_Mc
  • jj1565
  • Electrik
  • Gpderek09
  • Erock503
  • Crunchmeister
  • Mexican Shred
  • joel_grieve
  • Dirk Gently
  • tubadude
  • kurdtkobaign
  • timi_hendrix
  • Funky P
  • Gabel
  • azn_guitarist25
  • R_H_C_Plkjewf;lkgadskl gjl kj;lkjlk ji
  • steven seagull
  • Gutch220
  • slatsmania
  • ECisthebest
  • forsaknwhatever
  • UnsignedRecords
  • MESAexplorer
  • Reincaster
  • Hendriko
  • FacingUsAll
  • TNfootballfan62
  • al112987
  • gregs1020
  • MrCarrot
  • 311ZOSOVHJH
  • Ippon
  • stevo_epi_SG_wo
  • H4T3BR33D3R
  • darkarbiter7
  • riffhog
  • thellamaking
  • kevin saale
  • imgooly
  • horlicks
  • IbanezPsycho

The Honorary Who to Listen to List

• sv300
  • dgonz
  • pjd
  • streamline
  • jacob m
  • *def*
  • jaeger
  • scheck006
  • backup guitar
  • mig28
  • jag513
  • mnbaseball91
  • zavorash
  • TGM
  • casualty01
  • Bill43
  • power freak
  • Cmogi10
  • Asomodai
  • Toxicity
  • D Man
  • Joyful Womble
  • Nic_2090
  • CyBerAliEn
  • jono034
  • HopePoisoned
  • xxGenocidexx

Teh Spammers

The list is NOT closed, and any members who are seen to post regularly with accurate information, and are willing to help out, will be added.

Please keep in mind, the above list of people does NOT mean they are the only people you should take seriously or listen to when they post. it is simply a list of people, given to you to maybe help any confusion you might have as to what might be correct or what might be wrong information..... it's a list of members who are consistently VERY helpful, knowledgeable and thorough in the areas covered by this forum. simple as that.

Feel free to post nominations etc. now!

"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
xifr
Master of the Penguins
1,067 IQ
New thread guys, do nominations and all that. Also suggest anyone who needs to be moved to the honourary list, as I'm cleaning up a bit. And also decide on what you guys are going to buy me so that I avoid the burning temptation of deleting the other thead

"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
stevo_epi_SG_wo
i picked a crap username
1,274 IQ
omg new thread

EDIT: first >___> [/immature]

nother edit: i vote imgooley for the list
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Last edited by stevo_epi_SG_wo at Oct 5, 2008,
Horlicks
Banned
289 IQ
K koo
No one ever votes me
Last edited by Horlicks at Oct 5, 2008,
cmakkidguitar
Voice of logic and kings
278 IQ
Whoa whoa whoa a new thread?

*is filled with excitement*

To start this off on a not so random topic, i'm not sure he's been round long enough to warrant it yet, but i vote al112987 for the list. He's a newbie but filled with wisdom (specifically marshall and clones wisdom) Also, i've not seen him round in a while, but Kendall usually posts helpful advice consistently

Hears to a new successful thread
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
timi_hendrix
My heron!
445 IQ
I vote on moving Crunchmeister and Mascot to the honorary lists, as they don't post much in here any more.

Also new thread, huzzah.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
cmakkidguitar
Voice of logic and kings
278 IQ
Quote by xifr
New thread guys, do nominations and all that. Also suggest anyone who needs to be moved to the honourary list, as I'm cleaning up a bit. And also decide on what you guys are going to buy me so that I avoid the burning temptation of deleting the other thead

Why has it gone already?

You never even gave us a chance ¬_¬

And yeah, i second stevo's vote for imgooley too
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
i'd actually welcome deletion of the old thread, it might lose me a few thousand posts...

Quote by cmakkidguitar
Whoa whoa whoa a new thread?

*is filled with excitement*

To start this off on a not so random topic, i'm not sure he's been round long enough to warrant it yet, but i vote al112987 for the list. He's a newbie but filled with wisdom (specifically marshall and clones wisdom) Also, i've not seen him round in a while, but Kendall usually posts helpful advice consistently

Hears to a new successful thread

yeah, i've seen those two around, seconded. couple of others, gregs and gooley (maybe they're a little too new), and a couple of others which i'll post up when i remember who they are- there are quite a few good guys who had started posting in the last while...

ibanezpsycho (something like that) seems pretty good with the high gainers...

Quote by timi_hendrix
I vote on moving Crunchmeister and Mascot to the honorary lists, as they don't post much in here any more.

+1

also possible funky P and joelgrieve too...
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by Ippon
I vote we put in Jojo's correct tag: forzaknazrael

agreed, we should probably put all the correct names up- we regulars know who they are, but the point of the thread is to let the new guys know who they are (if they even read it )...

EDIT: more noms: dave doom (not always around, but when he is, very helpful), nolly, jimbob78...
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 5, 2008,
MrCarrot
Sup.
1,542 IQ
Still not on it
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
^ seconded MrCarrot, also SomeoneYouKnew (something like that), bonsaischaap EDIT: also Zaphod_Beeblebr

lots of noms here, but the list hasn't been updated in a while (also once it gets past the first page all nominations will be out the window )... it's a balancing act between having so many names that the list is worthless (as it's to long to be bothered reading it), but also rewarding those who deserve it...
Quote by classicrocker01

Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 5, 2008,
jj1565
Officially Knighted
1,715 IQ
hey guys, sounds good.

i think if you're a regular and arent on the list, can you please speak up, because it's hard to go down the list and pick out missing guys.

then, who ever was overlooked can be added at mods discretion.

second on carrot.

goolz, since he was also mentioned already. did kyle ever get on? who else is supposed to be there from last time, still isnt on?

i think there are a few of the new guys should be considered. but only if we make more room like dave said.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Oct 5, 2008,
stevo_epi_SG_wo
i picked a crap username
1,274 IQ
Quote by jj1565
hey guys, sounds good.

i think if you're a regular and arent on the list, can you please speak up, because it's hard to go down the list and pick out missing guys.

then, who ever was overlooked can be added at mods discretion.

second on carrot.

*speaks up*

=]
cmakkidguitar
Voice of logic and kings
278 IQ
I thought Carrot was already there, sling him up too
Seconded on davedoom, 311ZOSOVHJH and gregs too - their posts on craiglist ads are extremely helpful
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue
1,943 IQ
Ippon, MrCarrot, and stevo_epi_SG_wo deserve to be on the list!
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by Horlicks
311ZOSOVHJH maybe?

yeah, i've noticed him posting around, would be worth considering. +1 on ippon and stevo too, i think. also i edited my post above with a few more nominations...
Quote by classicrocker01

TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue
1,943 IQ
^No.

But I'm working a 4.0 and I still manage to post occasionally.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
MrCarrot
Sup.
1,542 IQ
Quote by Horlicks
311ZOSOVHJH maybe?
Reminded me, my dad just got a copy of What HiFi so that reminded me of those speakers I was thinking of, if you're still after them.

Yeah, go for a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze BR1s or BR2s, depending on the size you're after. I remember hearing them in my hifi work experience shop and they sound fantastic, they sold a ton during that single week too, plus What HiFi describe them as "Great price and allround excellence."
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Ippon
Amped
1,526 IQ
Quote by TNfootballfan62
^No.

But I'm working a 4.0 and I still manage to post occasionally.
Which means you multi-task better and/or are sharper.

Mr. Slats probably had a major lifestyle change ... got married and now expecting twins or triplets.

Horlicks
Banned
289 IQ
Quote by MrCarrot
Reminded me, my dad just got a copy of What HiFi so that reminded me of those speakers I was thinking of, if you're still after them.

Yeah, go for a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze BR1s or BR2s, depending on the size you're after. I remember hearing them in my hifi work experience shop and they sound fantastic, they sold a ton during that single week too, plus What HiFi describe them as "Great price and allround excellence."

I wasn't looking at those ones, but thanks.
Still looking at that Onkyo...
TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue
1,943 IQ
Quote by Ippon

Mr. Slats probably had a major lifestyle change ... got married and now expecting twins or triplets.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
cmakkidguitar
Voice of logic and kings
278 IQ
Quote by Ippon

Fo realz?

Congrats to slats and good luck to him!

Hope he manages to get on sometime, but i won't get my hopes too high i guess
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

stevo_epi_SG_wo
i picked a crap username
1,274 IQ
H4T3BR33D3R for the list also
Ippon
Amped
1,526 IQ
Quote by cmakkidguitar
Fo realz?

Congrats to slats and good luck to him!

Hope he manages to get on sometime, but i won't get my hopes too high i guess

NO!!!

I was speculating! But if true, Congrats to Mr. Slats!

Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
H4T3BR33D3R for the list also

aye, i think so.

grrr, we've gone from no nominations to about 20 in the space of one new thread.
Quote by classicrocker01

jambi_mantra
Is actually English
740 IQ
I say me coz I'm good in 5150 threads

>.>

<.<

But yea, +1 to all the ones mentioned before really, except hatebreeder just to anoy him.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
jj1565
Officially Knighted
1,715 IQ
hey guys you all deserve noms.

and after today is sorted out lets make a Who to listen to club. if you're on the list or a future member of the list (as voted on, then you can add something to your sig.

something like that, cause guys always get passed on, (because of room mostly,) and this way you can all still get a nod.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
AdamDK
Meh.
2,296 IQ
Hatebreeder, Ippon, Mr_Carrot and Horlicks have been pretty helpful in a lot of threads, add them.
Horlicks
Banned
289 IQ
Quote by AdamDK
Hatebreeder, Ippon, Mr_Carrot and Horlicks have been pretty helpful in a lot of threads, add them.

*Big kiss*
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by jj1565
hey guys you all deserve noms.

and after today is sorted out lets make a Who to listen to club. if you're on the list or a future member of the list (as voted on, then you can add something to your sig.

something like that, cause guys always get passed on, (because of room mostly,) and this way you can all still get a nod.

yeah, that would be a good idea jenny. i used to always hate having to add to the list, because someone always got left out, and it was more or less arbitrary who...
Quote by classicrocker01

AdamDK
Meh.
2,296 IQ
Also, move Dave_Mc to honoury mentions. He is like epicness.
cmakkidguitar
Voice of logic and kings
278 IQ
Quote by Ippon
NO!!!

I was speculating! But if true, Congrats to Mr. Slats!

Fair doos, my bad!

Still congrats on his new life

also i think Jenny's idea is a good one
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

Horlicks
Banned
289 IQ
Quote by AdamDK
Also, move Dave_Mc to honoury mentions. He is like epicness.

The current Who To Listen To list is of active members of the forums. The honorary list is of people who rarely pop in, but are time tried veterans on the forums.

Yep
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ

if we're expanding the numbers with something in the sig, adam and horlicks would be worth adding too. did sg thrasher ever get added/mentioned, or is he just here for the lulz?
Quote by classicrocker01