Page 5 of 9
I thought the Super Champ was great too, the Metalhead channel allows you some br00talz, and the Blackface is great for blues.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
I didn't have a list of the channels in front of me. Do you know where I can find one?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
http://fender.com/products/search.php?partno=2331100000

Try clicking Owner's Manual, it won't open, because my Adobe is f'd up. I only knew it was the metalhead channel because the OD got really thick.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Last edited by lespaul#1 at Dec 22, 2008,
I have a beautiful ltd edition tweed blues jr waiting for me for christmas, I cant wait!! This never crossed my mind but when i tryed the amp i didnt take my guitar with me, i just played a beck signature. Then I had someone tell me that my guitar (CIJ aerodyne strat) might not go well with the amp.. that was my first mistake and my second was when I was buying the amp they had 2 there, the one I played and one up on a shelf. So i tested the one and bought the one on the shelf because i figured grimmy fingers couldntve got at it but then I starting thinking that was a dumb move because it might be different then the one i played somehow... Oh well only 2 more days till I find out.
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
^The one on the shelf should sound exactly the same as the one on the floor. You made a good decision there. And it's always good to use your guitar, but if you tested it with a strat, I'm sure you got a good feel for how it'll sound with yours.

^^Thanks. I tried looking there earlier, but my dialup was being so slow I gave up.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
weak pic but here's mine:

i played a blues jr tweed nos edition...lets just say i got a semi
Agile AL-3000 HSBF>
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz V1>
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive V1>
Hardwire CM-2>
Delta Lab Chorus>
EHX Holy Grail>
Boss DD-7>
BBE Sonic Stomp>
Digitech JamMan>
Blackheart Little Giant
My Blues Junior, along with my effects and my Les Paul and Strat.

"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
My Blues Junior, along with my effects and my Les Paul and Strat.

absolutely love your strat +1,000,000 to you
Agile AL-3000 HSBF>
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz V1>
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive V1>
Hardwire CM-2>
Delta Lab Chorus>
EHX Holy Grail>
Boss DD-7>
BBE Sonic Stomp>
Digitech JamMan>
Blackheart Little Giant
Quote by rking19
absolutely love your strat +1,000,000 to you

Thank you sir =) She sounds utterly perfect, an Ash Body with Custom Shop '69 pickups. Very, very vintage; a light guitar with extremely low output pickups.

For the sake of my thread... love my blues junior. Sounds great no matter what.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by TNfootballfan62
^The one on the shelf should sound exactly the same as the one on the floor. You made a good decision there. And it's always good to use your guitar, but if you tested it with a strat, I'm sure you got a good feel for how it'll sound with yours.

^^Thanks. I tried looking there earlier, but my dialup was being so slow I gave up.

Thanks for the reasurance lol I was worried Id screwed that up. Whats the deal with the speaker? I looked inside and it doesnt say jensen, it says fender. Did I get hosed?? (again this is all stuff I really should have checked out at the store.
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Quote by rking19

i played a blues jr tweed nos edition...lets just say i got a semi

Haha same, so I bought it lol. Who do I pm to get into the fender armada?lol
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Quote by MOOSE_CCR99
Thanks for the reasurance lol I was worried Id screwed that up. Whats the deal with the speaker? I looked inside and it doesnt say jensen, it says fender. Did I get hosed?? (again this is all stuff I really should have checked out at the store.

No problem. But I have no idea about the speaker. That'd be worth looking into with other NOS Blues Jr. owners.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Quote by TNfootballfan62
No problem. But I have no idea about the speaker. That'd be worth looking into with other NOS Blues Jr. owners.

Yeah I need to track some down lol.
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Do a bit of research. Call or email fender and ask them about it. If you can't find anything, start a thread, maybe.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
good call,thanks!
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
It could just be a jensen which was relabeled with fender.
Check for speaker codes, if the speaker code starts with 220, it's a jensen.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Thanks Ill check that out, but I have to wait for xmas lol. I sent a email to Fender but I have a feeling Ill be able to check the code before they get back to me.
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
When I tested the NOS, I didnt have a OD pedal with me and I didnt push it loud enough to get natural OD. If I swapped my Boss Blues Driver for a Tubescreamer (I dont know which model, are there different models?) or a fulltone OCD, could I get a Rory Gallagher like crunch? I dont wanna copy his tone but thats as harsh a sound as Id ever want.
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
I like a deluxe reverb's overdrive. Or, the Deluxe model on my Vypyr. Very cool gritty type of tone.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
ESP Horizon NT-7 (SD Full Shreds)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V (Duncan Quarter Pounds + Hipshot Kickass)
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
OB: Yeah, I loved the deluxe model on the Vypyr. It was a nice fat, gritty tone.
Definitely not bad for a 200 (I played the 30) dollar amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
OB: Yeah, I loved the deluxe model on the Vypyr. It was a nice fat, gritty tone.
Definitely not bad for a 200 (I played the 30) dollar amp.

yeah, I think it's great for heavier blues and who-like hard rock.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
ESP Horizon NT-7 (SD Full Shreds)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V (Duncan Quarter Pounds + Hipshot Kickass)
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
eh, whats the most crunch you can get on one of these bad boys with a OD out front?
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Hey guys, I got my amp and checked the sticker on the speaker and it says made in USA !!! I thought the jensen was supposed to be made in Italy?? and I couldnt find a serial code on it either. I dunno if Ill be able to tell the difference without testing it next to a normal blues jr :l
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Did you call Fender? I probably would.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Does anyone have any reccomendations for an aftermarket speaker that I will throw in a blues junior?

I'm looking for tight bass that doesn't flab, powerful punch and midrange, and decent highs but I don't want bright, icypicky tone.

I've been looking at the Eminence Texas Heat. Any opinions? How does it fare against Jensens? I have heard Jensens are too sparkly.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Did you call Fender? I probably would.

Not yet, gunna call the store soon and then Fender (its a free number eh?), plus its xmas day so i figured I wouldnt get through to anyone. Im just eorried they charged me more for somthing that I didnt get. I was checking pics and mine looks a little lighter in color :S. I really screwed up, I shouldve just bought the one I played !!! I feel like a idiot, but hopefully things will work themselves out (Its still a nice goddamn amp but the jensen is the tops).
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Well, if you didnt get the right speaker, then they didn't sell you the NOS amp, and you have a serious complaint there. But still, that's not your mistake. That's theirs. You didn't make a mistake buying the the one off the shelf. That was a great move. Buying one off the floor is as good as buying a used one.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Quote by oneblackened
I like a deluxe reverb's overdrive. Or, the Deluxe model on my Vypyr. Very cool gritty type of tone.

Yeah, mine surprised me, when cranked to 10, it gives of an ACDC sort of tone. And I heard people on reviews say it had little breakup.
Quote by chip46
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Well, if you didnt get the right speaker, then they didn't sell you the NOS amp, and you have a serious complaint there. But still, that's not your mistake. That's theirs. You didn't make a mistake buying the the one off the shelf. That was a great move. Buying one off the floor is as good as buying a used one.

Yeah I never thought of it that way, your making me feel a whole lot better about this lol. Its a weird situation because I noticed the color of my amp is lighter than the NOS lacquered tweed but at the same time theres a panel on the back of the amp saying lilited edition. What Im gunna do is after the boxing week madness subsides, I'll make a trip down to the store and tell them my problem (not sure what they can do cause thats a really good point about floor models being just like used and I might not wanna trade for the floor one now lol). If I called Fender, what can they do about the situation?
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Well actually make sure there's a problem first. You could very well have the correct speaker.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Yeah, Im gunna give the store a call soon.
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
So I called L&M and talked to a guy there that told me their distributor told them that Fender put fender stickers on the speaker of that batch of amps for some reason. So he took down my info and hes gunna have the distributor get in touch with me and said I might wanna give Fender a call just to hear it from the horses mouth. I might need to bring it in a test it against a normal blues jr just for the peace of mind. Im still not 100% convinced because the color of mire is lighter looking then the pics Ive seen online and the warrantee tag said it was in effect 2001 (since they are limited edition, I figured they were made more recently.
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Check it with Fender, then, to make sure the store isn't BSing you, but I have a feeling you'll be fine.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
This local music store has an original Fender Bassman with vintage everything for like only 800 bucks.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

^Which bassman though?
If it's a tweed or BF, scoop that thing up! If it's a Silverface, that's actually a little above average price for one.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Yeah, I gave fender a call but I got a machine telling me to call on a weekday.
I found out the code for each speaker online (the jensen that should be in and the eminence that is in the normal blues jrs) and took a really good look at the speaker in my amp. Even though the sticker says made for fender by eminence, I found the code of the jensen that should be in it (C12-N) on the speaker. I was so releaved to see that code lol, cause when your spending that kinda money some peace of mind would be nice. Im gunna give fender a call just to be 100%. It was weird, I got the idea in my head that this wasnt the speaker and the tone started sounding different to me (even after my mom said it sounded the same as it did in the store and I said it was cause she didnt have a trained ear, lol I felt pretty stupid on that one).
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Hey, I got pics of my amp finally. How can i paste em here on the forum?
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
^Didn't you already ask about how to do that in a different thread?

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86