I'm probably gonna buy a new guitar within a few months and I'd like some advices.

The guitar I'm looking for don't have to be sooo versatile. It's enough with heavy/thrash metal (Iron Maiden, Metallica, Black Sabbath etc) and rock/hard rock like Guns N' Roses, Kiss and such. Although I'd like a nice clean sound, it's not a MUST.

I have 200$ at the moment, but I'll start working soon and when I'm done I may have somewhere around 600-800$.

Thanks in advance
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
your in Finland? what are the prices like over there so we can get a ball park estimate of what it would cost for some guitars?
Quote by Ghold125
your in Finland? what are the prices like over there so we can get a ball park estimate of what it would cost for some guitars?

Pretty expensive... Used Epiphone Les Paul around 300€ (450$?), ESP LTD M-400 around 700€ (1000$ or something)
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by Ghold125
Hmm, Epiphone les paul custom?

Yeah I think so
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
I'd say an ESP EC-500 or an EC-400VF. Both are Set-Neck, single cutaway. The 500 has EMG 81/60's that are Active so you can do some serious thrash metal, and runs about $650. The EC-400VF has a set of Seymour Duncans, which are the JB in the bridge, and a '59 in the neck. The cool thing about those is the SD's sound great for cleans, jazz, and rock, but can always pull off that heavy metal if needed, but of course the EMG's will ALWAYS top the SD JB's and'59's when it comes to metal. The EC-400VF is about $630, but I really can't guess how much either one is in Finland. What kind of body style do you want anyway? Then I can make a more helpful suggestion.
Quote by EclipseCT
I'd say an ESP EC-500 or an EC-400VF. Both are Set-Neck, single cutaway. The 500 has EMG 81/60's that are Active so you can do some serious thrash metal, and runs about $650. The EC-400VF has a set of Seymour Duncans, which are the JB in the bridge, and a '59 in the neck. The cool thing about those is the SD's sound great for cleans, jazz, and rock, but can always pull off that heavy metal if needed, but of course the EMG's will ALWAYS top the SD JB's and'59's when it comes to metal. The EC-400VF is about $630, but I really can't guess how much either one is in Finland. What kind of body style do you want anyway? Then I can make a more helpful suggestion.

Yeah the EC-500 has been on my mind for a time, it looks awesome. Although I think it could be almost 1000$ here, but I'm not sure.

Well Les Pauls look cool, I haven't tried one though. I don't want a Stratocaster model, because my current is and I find it like a pretty boring type of body. I like the way explorers looks also, but is it comfortable to sit and play with 'em?
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Yes. Gibson (Or Epiphone) Explorers are very comfortable sitting down playing, but have very bulky necks, unless you like that. ESP Explorers are fine sitting down, but start to hurt after a couple hours because of the points, since they're the post-lawsuit ones. They have thinner necks and you can get an ESP EX-400 or FX-400 for about $600, which comes with the EMG 81/60 Set. The FX has a coil-split, as far as I remember, and are a very good value, but they're not constructed as well as a Gibson, and don't look the same. But, cost about half as much.
I'll look into the guitars you guys mentioned. Thanks a lot for the help!
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube