Alright, for my birthday I plan to obtain a guitar that I will use over the summer to play in my church's worship band.

The budget is $400

I was mainly looking at these guitars but i'm also open to other suggestions:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ART300-Electric-Guitar?sku=518065

and

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3100tribalgreen.html

Another thing, it will mainly be used for worship music, but it would be nice if I could get a guitar that could also do metal, as I could use it as a backup to my RG
BC Rich Warlock FTW....

lol, just kiddings..

fender mexican strat/tele?
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
I second the mim tele idea... But that agile is damn sexy...
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by Gregoric
BC Rich Warlock FTW....

lol, just kiddings..

fender mexican strat/tele?

lol, to be serious dont get the Warlock, it will scare your church away before you even plug it in... what style music do you play, besides christian, like do you prefer a jazzy/blues sound or do you lean towards the rock side of things, if you prefer the jazz or blues, I reccomend the Fender strat, if its rock, I a gibson or a high end epiphone depending on how much you can afford
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

I would have to say a Fender Standard Stratocaster (SSS Of Course). The pickups give a great variety of sound, and it doesn't have humbuckers, so you don't get a real heavy sound. You just get nice open notes. Plus, it already comes with a gig bag ^_^
I have the Ibanez ARX500. its in the same artist series as the Ibanez your looking at. Its really nice but im not sure if that means the one you want is good
-Why do hunters need bullets that can pierce through bulletproof vests?
-Do I really have to spell this out for you?What if a bunch of punk kids go into the woods and strap a bulletproof vest on a bear?Then whatve you got?Invincible bears (wkuk)
I'm getting the feeling that I need to change my avatar for you guys to actually take me seriously....... but whatever.

Basically, i'd prefer a les paul shape. It will mainly be used for worship music, just cleans and chorus and such. But if it can crunch up some that would be nice too.
Quote by wayne4433
I have the Ibanez ARX500. its in the same artist series as the Ibanez your looking at. Its really nice but im not sure if that means the one you want is good

ARX500 is far superior to the ART300, though it is still a good guitar. It will work for metal nicely.
Fender strat or ibanez artcore would be good choices for a worship band and both should be around $400 or less.
Quote by di$TOrTed
how do the LoZ pickups sound for cleans?

The ART I tried sounded much like other LP guitars in that price range, lots of bass response and a lot of bite when talking about the treble. It had higher output and therefore sounded a bit more agressive than, let's say, an Epiphone LP. It's not the best clean sound on earth, but something that works for rhythm playing and blends in with a band well, especially when using the combination of bridge and neck pup.
I am not sure whether the guitar I tried was one of the newer ones with Lz pups or the older version which had the ACH humbuckers, so I'm possibly way off here.
Depending on what you play.
If you play rhythm, for 400 bucks, an Epiphone or ESP would be best.
For lead, a MIM Tele would be best.
For versatility, a MIM Strat would be best.
(all of this is my opinion though of course :P)
If you use it more for worship music than metal, an Epiphone is good.
If you use it more for metal than worship music, an Ibanez Artcore is good too.