I'm putting together a US Deluxe Ash Strat.

Should I get the stock tremolo that comes with the Deluxe, or get a Wilkinson SV100G??

I do not want to make any additional modifications to the guitar, so I need a fit right in solution.

Other options are of course also welcome

Thanks!!
Quote by Crowking
I'm putting together a US Deluxe Ash Strat.

Should I get the stock tremolo that comes with the Deluxe, or get a Wilkinson SV100G??

I do not want to make any additional modifications to the guitar, so I need a fit right in solution.

Other options are of course also welcome

Thanks!!
The Gotoh Wilkinson SV100G is an excellent replacement; however, for the price, I'd just hunt down the actual Fender 2-post bridge for the MIA Deluxe model. There are tons of those in mint condition that sell for ~$30-40 shipped on evilBay.

Quote by Ippon
The Gotoh Wilkinson SV100G is an excellent replacement; however, for the price, I'd just hunt down the actual Fender 2-post bridge for the MIA Deluxe model. There are tons of those in mint condition that sell for ~$30-40 shipped on evilBay.

These days, the stock Fender bridge go for about 60$ on ebay, without the trem arm... Which made me think in the first place that for 30$ more, the Gotoh Wilkenson could be a nice upgrade (well, that it if is actually is better than the stock one.. is it??)
Quote by Crowking
These days, the stock Fender bridge go for about 60$ on ebay, without the trem arm... Which made me think in the first place that for 30$ more, the Gotoh Wilkenson could be a nice upgrade (well, that it if is actually is better than the stock one.. is it??)
NO!!!

Be patient and watch for deals!

^this man speaks the truth. i once saw an all-tube 1980-somthing Marshall go for $30. literally. look for deals and for people who have no idea what there talkin about.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Any tried that Wilkinson SV100? Comments?

Is the sustain better than the stock?

If it's pretty much identical to the stock, I'll be patient as Ippon recommended and wait for a better deal
Quote by Crowking
Any tried that Wilkinson SV100? Comments?

Is the sustain better than the stock?

If it's pretty much identical to the stock, I'll be patient as Ippon recommended and wait for a better deal
I've installed the Gotoh Wilkinson bridges and I didn't notice any significant differences with the Fender-branded ones. If you want a boutique quality bridge, with truly noticeable "quality" features, order a Callaham: http://www.callahamguitars.com/bridges.htm

The trem block is heavy and the saddles are very nice!

Quote by Ippon
I've installed the Gotoh Wilkinson bridges and I didn't notice any significant differences with the Fender-branded ones. If you want a boutique quality bridge, with truly noticeable "quality" features, order a Callaham: http://www.callahamguitars.com/bridges.htm

The trem block is heavy and the saddles are very nice!

Unfortunately, Callaham does not seem to make a 2 point trem that would retro fit a Deluxe body without any mods Otherwise, I would go for it without hesitation.
Perhaps you could try a super vee. They've got a great reputation...

And it's a shame about callaham. I love my bridge from them
Quote by supergerbil
Perhaps you could try a super vee. They've got a great reputation...

And it's a shame about callaham. I love my bridge from them

That's one funny looking kit... I'll have to check out reviews. I hate this about trem, there aren't many reviews to compare them.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the US Standard Trem and the US Deluxe Trem??
I thought they were the same trem?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.