Poll: Which do you play more, acoustic or electric?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which do you play more, acoustic or electric?
Mainly acoustic
20 21%
Mainly electric
55 59%
Evenly split between the two
15 16%
I don't play the guitar
2 2%
Voters: 94.
Hey guys, so I got a little bored and curious. I'm pretty sure most of us here play both both the acoustic and the electric. But, Which do you play more, the acoustic or the electric guitar? And why?
Well my acoustic is crap so electric
Quote by XGhacker
1) OMG THE LEAD SINGER OF IRON MAIDEN RAPES HIS SON!!!
Bruce Dick-in-son
I try to split it up as evenly as possible.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
I love my acoustic at the moment.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Acoustic for chilling, electric for rocking out :P Electrics tend to be too loud most of the time, can't really chill out with all that drive :>
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
The closest I usually come to acoustic is playing electric without an amp... So yeah, mainly electric
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
more electric seeing as i just got a new one and my brother took my acoustic to college
-Why do hunters need bullets that can pierce through bulletproof vests?
-Do I really have to spell this out for you?What if a bunch of punk kids go into the woods and strap a bulletproof vest on a bear?Then whatve you got?Invincible bears (wkuk)
Acoustic, I do a lot of fingerstyle stuff... and I'm without an amp just now
Bass. So technically electric. I play my mom's acoustic guitar a lot, but once I get an electric guitar I'll probably play it more, seeing as improvizing blues and playing barre chords will be much easier.
I pick up my acoustic maybe... once every 2 weeks?

Electrics are just easier to play, more versatile and more fun.
I would say 60% of the time electric: 40% acoustic. The only reason it's even 40% is because when I'm writing anything, no matter what, I use an acoustic. I don't know why, it's just something I've done since I started playing.
Megadeth > Metallica
Gibson > Fender
Randy Rhoads > Everybody

Quote by gamenerd323
451f you sig is the truest thing in the world

My sig > Yours
I play my electric mostly but often play my acoustic before I go to bed. I think that acoustic are fun to play, I usually just improve a load of chord patterns.
Mmmm, the electric guitar is definitely a lot more popular over here. And I realised I forgot to state my position lol. Personally, I don't even own an electric, but I might be getting one when I have the money to. So for the time being, its exclusively acoustic =P
My acoustic, my amp is broken and I love the sound of it anyways. I save electric for the stuff that actually needs distortion.
i used to have to play acoustic because my girlfriend would always be sleeping. But she called off the marriage and left so now i play outrageously loud/angry music in my own little dojo.
Quote by St.Loony
Girls are complicated - Just turn gay and don't bother.

Quote by MightyAl
OK, so now, for Christmas, I'd like the ability to have an erection again.

Quote by smartguyreviews
one time i got up in the middle of the night to take a shit... and the toilet seat was warm....
Ellectric because I like to use crazy effects.
"On this life that we call home
The years go fast
and the days go so slow...

the days go so slow
."
Electric because I don't even have an acoustic.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'