Hey guys,

I want to have a slightly overdriven/fuzzy/sustain kinda sound, so I wanted to get a good stompbox for it. I have no experience whatsoever, concerning pedals.

Like, zero.

I own a Line 6 Spider 11 1x12'' amp. Great amp. I actually can get the sound I want, but it just isnt good enough. Cause when I use the 'metal' amp model, and turn the drive button to 8-9-10 'o clock, it's just too clean, and when I turn it up to 10-11 it gets too distortioned.

Im for sure it's the only amp model that gives me the most appropriate sound, right now.

But I want it to be perfect, so I guess Im gonna have to purchase a pedal.

Help?
Welcome to the Most BORING Place On Earth!!! !
Now i know you wont want to hear this, but you should save up for another amp. Preferably tube, and it might not sound the best option at the minute. But trust me, saving up that extra little bit if worth it
pedals dont sound good through solid state amps. Go tube and then start experimenting with pedals.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Quote by thellamaking
Now i know you wont want to hear this, but you should save up for another amp. Preferably tube, and it might not sound the best option at the minute. But trust me, saving up that extra little bit if worth it

Thanks for yr opinion! Yeah you maybe right actually. But the thing is, I love the sounds on this amp soo much!
I know it can get better, but I dont wanna 'start all over' and have to buy all sorts of pedals.
But maybe thats just me, and I just gotta start doing that.

So what should I do?

Save up for a tube amp, buy a delay pedal and stuff (for the artificial sustain), and see from then what happens?

(sorry for my bad english by the way, Im a Turk living in Holland:P)
Welcome to the Most BORING Place On Earth!!! !
Well if you like the sound of that amp there's nothing i can do to make you get another amp.

But you should get yourself a tube amp, the sound will be much better and it will take pedals a lot better!
most people here are going to recommend you getting a tube amp since their tube purist.

which series you have. if anything you just have to keep on experimenting the different models.
after getting a nice amp, get a analog man sunface pedal, the best fuzz pedal ive ever heard. its essentially a slightly modded 60s fuzz face.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I'm not saying i'm a Tube purist. In some cases a cube will be better than a Blackheart (if they play metal for instance) I've played Spiders, and they can sound very impressive with all the versitility and flashing lights, but they're not amazing. And with months of saving (which will seem veeery long) you will have a quality sound and will hopefuly try to pass on said info to other guitarists.
the secret to EJ's "500 pound violin" tone is small stages of gain stacked on top of each other. for example, his tone on "Cliffs of dover" was comprised of his BK Butler Tube Driver going to his 1969 100 watt marshall by a Y cable, then jumping the channels.

most of us cant afford the 300$ tube driver, let alone the 69 marshall. i would suggest something like a Traynor YBA-1 Bassmaster head (they go for 500$ on eBay all the time) and some form of OD, like a tubescreamer.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.