Page 1 of 2
THESE ARE ****ING BADASS!!!!

it beats the shit out fo their crappy RG models, i really want one now
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Ibanez are really versatile guitars, you can play almost anything with the right setup, but I think they are mostly suitable for starters. They got no "personality". Get a strat
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
i'm an Ibanez user myself.. but forget about RG's or S's... go for the Artcores
I see no sign of fortress.
Quote by TheQuailman
On the right path, you are. Brand-hating for stupid fanboys is and lead you to the dark side, it will.

+ OVER 9000!

I'm tired of people brand bashing for having one bad experience with a guitar.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
most companies have good gutiars, even Deans (the mustaine sig is pretty damn good) but this was the first time id played an ibanez ive liked, and i really liked it. of course it doesnt sound as soulful as a strat, but its the closest thing ive seen to a guitar that can play hendrix then go to children of bodom.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
To OP: Ew.

To new 24 fret S: I heard about bad sustain with them.

To TheQuailman: Their necks are too flat. I pretty much don't enjoy playing any ibanez.
I have one, it is amazing.
Not the best at slide I must say (9s at low action for slide is a challenge )
But very good guitar. Too bad I snapped the tremolo bar cos I was too vigourous, a new one'll be ordered
In my opinion brand-hating is really stupid. So what if Ibanez has shitty RG and shitty starter guitars. I actualy think its a god idea to first get a starter guitar, and if you dont like the RG just dont get it! And yes, the S series is damn good, im actualy buying the exact same model (S470) tomorrow!
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by HighPotency
^ I've hear quite a few stories about people snapping the bar. I don't think it's you.

Nah it's me, I used to go a bit crazy on the bar, and bars snap on all trems if used vigorously, the amount of people that have snapped Fender, Floyd Rose, Kahler etc trems.
Don't try to "make people think" Ibanez a shit, that's like me saying "Musicman are shit" and trying to force you into my mindset, it's a lot easier to just leave people to it.
If you think your guitar is superior then just have the thought "it's their loss" rather than forcing your ideals down our throats.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
*angry, stupid, and unjustified rant*

Dude did you read my posts? I've read about people having sustain issues with the 24 fret S and also read posts about people's ZR trem bar snapping off. I was sharing my experience with what i'd read, not being supremacist and saying all ibanez suck. The closest i got to that was saying that i don't like their flat necks. I never suggested that a certain guitar or brand was superior to ibanez.
I've just seen those posts accumulat to much bigger "You all suck cos you like somethign I don't" posts.

And you said that, but I was merely stating it happens with any bar if it's used in a very "fierce" manner, nothin' new with that.

And I wasn't trying to spark anger, sorry.
Well you did say that i was trying to shove the fact that ibanez suck down people's throats and then continued ranting about how i thought my guitar was better than it, which i obviously never said.

If you weren't trying to sound angry, it didn't really work.
Quote by HighPotency
Well you did say that i was trying to shove the fact that ibanez suck down people's throats and then continued ranting about how i thought my guitar was better than it, which i obviously never said.

If you weren't trying to sound angry, it didn't really work.

Was more of a blanket statement to all Ibanez haters
I never cared for the feel of most ibanez and found that most everyone that played them near me played on this very trebley tone that sounded like noise rather than the solos they were trying to play.

Because of those 2 things I really don't like them at all.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I never cared for the feel of most ibanez and found that most everyone that played them near me played on this very trebley tone that sounded like noise rather than the solos they were trying to play.

Because of those 2 things I really don't like them at all.

Play an RG with Dim. Breeds and see if that'll change your mind.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by HighPotency
Dude did you read my posts? I've read about people having sustain issues with the 24 fret S and also read posts about people's ZR trem bar snapping off. I was sharing my experience with what i'd read, not being supremacist and saying all ibanez suck. The closest i got to that was saying that i don't like their flat necks. I never suggested that a certain guitar or brand was superior to ibanez.

so you're judging guitars without even trying them?

for all you know you could just be repeating incorrect information.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Just ask the guys on the 7 string thread. I've read posts of people on different forums having sustain issues, and read emails sent to that dude at ibanezrules. And there have been posts on here regarding trem bars snapping.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Never does he state 'S's have bad sustain', nor 'ZR trems snap easily', as a fact.

He's only said he heard stories around the internet of the bad sustain and snapping trems.

Also, he said he just did not enjoy playing them. That's trying I do think.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Nah it's me, I used to go a bit crazy on the bar, and bars snap on all trems if used vigorously, the amount of people that have snapped Fender, Floyd Rose, Kahler etc trems.

Ritchie Blackmore snapped his 1/4 inch think iron trem, now you gotta admit, that's crazy!

But I'm not too keen on any Ibanez's that have that Wizard neck, they're bloody weird as hell.

Artcores are nice, though.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I think the thin tone someone was mentioning earlier comes from the Ibanez neck. I just had this discussion with someone and I believe this to be true that the thin neck, which of course Ibanez are known for, gives off a thinner tone. I always thought before that it was pickups or amp settings but now I'm not so sure. Sure you can work around it with EQ but as a starting point the thinness in tone is there from the neck.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by HighPotency
Just ask the guys on the 7 string thread. I've read posts of people on different forums having sustain issues, and read emails sent to that dude at ibanezrules. And there have been posts on here regarding trem bars snapping.

Accusating the legion of such rumor is bad.

On a serious note:
1. I also heard about the sustain issue, but if you were familiar with the Saber series, you'd know that it's a thin guitar and suited for comfort.
2. The newer Japanese Sabers has the ZR2, which may (or may not) be different from the first ZR.

^I wouldn't be surprised if you were right.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i used to have a thing against ibanez due to the fact i could never find one without a trem.

then the RG321 came around. its obviously pretty far from a flagship ibanez but its still very decent. later on i might get those prestiges with the big gibraltar bridges. (can't remember specific model)

also, SZ's are AWESOME. i just wish they made them with 24 frets and with a 7th string. It'd be
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I've loved ibanez since i played my friends RG370dx about 4 years ago. I bought an S520EX and it is still my live guitar for my band. Then i bought the Apex2 Korn signature and i love that aswell.

No more ibanez for me for a while

After a Jackson now
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
azn, i just meant that i remembered there was a time in the 7 string thread when there was discussion of the guitar. I never said they started the "rumor" in question.
About the thin tone, such a thin body would give that, I assume that's why they're made of Mahogany, to try to "thicken" it up a bit. Though this doesn't bother me, my Ibanez is my shred guitar, and it ain't so bad to have effects sorting the tone when doing shred (just look at Paul Gilberts ADA rack system in the intense rock video).

If i ever had the cash I'd take an S over most Ibanezes, though I'd probably prefer an older one with the Lo-Pro Edge, I just prefer them to ZRs, though ZRs are very good trems.
I prefer Ibanez guitars to Gibsons, Fenders, Schectors, and a lot of PRSs too.
Most people find me crazy.
It all comes down to personal preferance.
Ibanez S series are my biggest weakness.

And about the thin tone a lot of Ibanez are matched with is in the pickups that Ibanez throws in there.
If you switch out the pickups to some that match your tastes you'll find Ibanez guitars get pretty damn amazing.
Quote by Y00p
It's awesome yeah, but what I'm curious about...

They've been making Sabres for years now, and you've hated Ibanez... but, now that these guitars magically appear you like them?

im just saying its the first ibanez ive tried and liked. heres the ibanez's ive tried and not liked

RG350DX
RG4EX1
RG2550Z prestige
Js1000

The JEM i tried was nice but wayyyyy overpriced

so i think i had tried enough to say it wasnt just one bad experience that made me dislike ibanez.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
For trem-equipped guitars at that price, you can't really do better than the Sabers. My S470 kicks major @ss, though as for sustain, well keep in mind that the entire guitar is about as thick as a Strat neck. Not much body mass = not much wood to resonate = poor sustain. You can't have a super-thin body without compromising something. Still, good to see you've seen the light - don't judge entire brands based on one experience.
By the way TS, you posted a pic of the old pre-2008 S470 (same as mine ). Seen the '08 model? Basically the same, but even better (imo) fret inlays:

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
I really like they're seven strings, and the 8 string they have out now is sick. They need to make one with a mahogany body before I'll buy one though :P

What's up with them not using ebony for fretboards though? I don't mind rosewood, especially a high quality piece, but I prefer ebony.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
im just saying its the first ibanez ive tried and liked. heres the ibanez's ive tried and not liked

RG350DX
RG4EX1
RG2550Z prestige
Js1000

The JEM i tried was nice but wayyyyy overpriced

so i think i had tried enough to say it wasnt just one bad experience that made me dislike ibanez.

I see.

I thought you just blatantly hated Ibanez for the heck of it, until you saw these beauties.

No harm, no foul?
Page 1 of 2