Im big on tom morello. and ever since i started doin the toggle switch effects like tom, my toggle switch wont stay at treb or rythem, just in between. all i really need to know is, can i fix it myself and how or do i have to send it in or take it to somewere like guitar center?
you better have it fixed by a professional, I guess you will have to replace the toggle
You've probably just worn out the switch. Get it swapped for another one, if you're handy with a soldering iron you could do it yourself.
Yeah get it fixed. Must suck having to play constantly in the middle toggle. It'd kill me. No neck pickup leads with the tone knob rolled down to 0!?!
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
If you can use a soldering iron it's easy to put a new one in. Just buy a new switch and connect the wires like they are on the old one. If you've never used a soldering iron let a professional do it.

Well you don't have to be a mechanical genius to use a soldering iron. I would practice on some parts if you have any laying around just to get the feel of it and you should be able to replace it without any problems. You'll need to learn how sooner or later unless you plan on taking your guitar in for every problem you have, which will get expensive quickly.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by thsrayas
Well you don't have to be a mechanical genius to use a soldering iron. I would practice on some parts if you have any laying around just to get the feel of it and you should be able to replace it without any problems. You'll need to learn how sooner or later unless you plan on taking your guitar in for every problem you have, which will get expensive quickly.

I agree. It's really good to know how to fix your own gear. Soldering is easy it just takes some practice.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
I agree. It's really good to know how to fix your own gear. Soldering is easy it just takes some practice.

Yep, plus the cost of an iron and some solder would probably be pretty close to paying somebody to do it for you.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
You can get a soldering iron for less than £10, and you'll probably get solder with that.