Page 1 of 2
Three parter. Thought it looked good. They have Jack Black, Matt Bellamy and David Gilmour for interviews, among others.

Just giving UG a heads up
Last edited by EJD at Oct 6, 2008,
oooh, im gona watch that, thanks for tellin me dude.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
yeh im guna watch. Seen things like it before though.

Bill Bailys on it, woopwoop!
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Quote by wooftang999
looks alright... dunno might be a little patronising but bill bailey should be funny

Bill Bailey is in it?

Why am I not in the UK?!

*must watch later on the interwabz*
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
They should get a decent guitar player on

/awaits flaming

lol
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
This will be relevant to my interests.
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Quote by meh!
They should get a decent guitar player on

/awaits flaming

lol

Yeh, they need someone to fill the gap between Gilmour and the others. Don't want to make him seem too godlike huh...
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Quote by EJD
Three parter. Thought it looked good. They have Jack Black, Matt Bellamy and David Gilmour for interviews, among others.

Don't think I'll bother.
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit...

It was on BBC1, and it was called The Story of the Guitar.

Sorry

I thought it was pretty good... next one's about the rise of the electric
Quote by EJD
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit...
next one's about the rise of the electric

will it be on about like fender etc. or what?
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
will it be on about like fender etc. or what?

Yep, probably about Fender and Gibson and stuff like that.
It was very entertaining and informative, I found. That flamenco dude was like... Woah. And they mentioned my old mate Django Also Jack Black talking about getting laid I really didn't expect that.

I just didn't like how they had people such as KT Tunstall for interviews. Yeah, because she really embodies the art of the guitar The electric episode will probably feature such virtuosos as the guitarist from Razorlight...
The first one is repeated on Friday at 11pm on BBC4, in case anyone missed it
I watched and I thought the bit with the man who made those acoustics was interesting.
I was amazed by that french dude near enough shredding on the accoustic with 2 fingers
Quote by EJD

Tape it for me?

Then send it over here?

EDIT: Dang, already been.

Didja tape it?

Quote by JackalUK
I was amazed by that french dude near enough shredding on the accoustic with 2 fingers

You mean Django Reinhardt? Haha.
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

Last edited by emery01 at Oct 6, 2008,
Quote by JackalUK

Yeah same here was very impressive.
Quote by JackalUK

Django is teh sh*t.
twas good but i felt they missed the whole of blues out for acoustic... maybe they will mention the way country musicians stole from black people but it is the bbc ahahaha...

and matt bellamy was awesome but not enough of him...god i love he
Quote by emery01
Tape it for me?

Then send it over here?

EDIT: Dang, already been.

Didja tape it?

I did... although do you get BBC4 down under? It's repeated, Friday at 11pm.
Quote by EJD
The first one is repeated on Friday at 11pm on BBC4, in case anyone missed it
probably can be watched at any time for the next 7 days on the bbc iplayer too...
Quote by EJD
I did... although do you get BBC4 down under? It's repeated, Friday at 11pm.

Naaaah we don't get BBC down here, we have ABC, hahaha.

I think if I had foxtel I'd get BBC.

Although.... ABC does get alot of BBC stuff.... Hmmmmm...
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

I think Matt Bellamy's one of the most prominent musicians of the 21st centuries. He might not be the best guitarist in the world, but you have to admit his musicianship skills are excellent. A lot to offer to the documentary imo.

Most of you who say "Bellamy's shit. Gilmour will be left to look like a God". You haven't listened to a lot of their songs, maybe a few of their popular ones like Plug in Baby, Time is Running Out, Starlight, etc. I doubt you've taken the time to fully analyze what you're criticizing. It's also better to learn about their songs, their meanings, inspirations, the effort needed, etc.

I really don't like it when a person listens to 4 or 5 songs and says "shit" when they haven't taken the time to merely appreciate them.
It was pretty good last night, Django is a god and the guy who made the acoustics was prety interesting
Quote by Mike!
This man IS the truth.

Quote by aznmetalhead93
Walk out naked with a sock around your dick. He'll be so surprised he won't shoot you. Then rape him. Hard. With melted butter as lube.

Join the Xbox Live group
Try BBC iPlayer, emery01.

If not, I can send you the tape when I've taped all three =]
Quote by emery01
Naaaah we don't get BBC down here, we have ABC, hahaha.

I think if I had foxtel I'd get BBC.

Although.... ABC does get alot of BBC stuff.... Hmmmmm...

Don't you even get BBC World Service?
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
It was ok, but I am more interested the history of the electric guitar. Are there going to be follow up documentaries?
It was pretty interesting.

Out of interest, who else noticed Rik Mayall in those little acted sections?
Quote by plucky duck
arnt scandinavians all albino or am i mistaken? apologies if i am

Quote by cocodrilo83
logic is not always right
Quote by Kyle.E
I think Matt Bellamy's one of the most prominent musicians of the 21st centuries. He might not be the best guitarist in the world, but you have to admit his musicianship skills are excellent. A lot to offer to the documentary imo.

Most of you who say "Bellamy's shit. Gilmour will be left to look like a God". You haven't listened to a lot of their songs, maybe a few of their popular ones like Plug in Baby, Time is Running Out, Starlight, etc. I doubt you've taken the time to fully analyze what you're criticizing. It's also better to learn about their songs, their meanings, inspirations, the effort needed, etc.

I really don't like it when a person listens to 4 or 5 songs and says "shit" when they haven't taken the time to merely appreciate them.

matt bellamy isnt shit...he IS the shit!
Page 1 of 2