Poll Options
View poll results: 6505+
Get the 6505+
22 88%
Another amp (please elaborate)
3 12%
Voters: 25.
I am going to invest into a 6505+.
I was just wondering if anyone out here has had any problems with this head.
Or if anyone knows a cheaper way to get the classic 5150 tones.
Thanks.
Well it depends. I've heard a lot of good things from Madison heads but I'm not sure that they would be a cheaper alternative.
Bugera amps might be worth a try. You can find a head for under a grand and I've heard they have a similar tone to a 6505
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
Thanks MatReeves.

And Madison is kinda iffy, a lot of locals here have them and are endorsed by them. And when ever I hear them it kinda turns me off of Madison. I have heard a Bugera but I have never played one.
you will love it dude, cleans are iffy but can be saved.

i have a BBE sonic maximizer and a boss chorus and my cleans are gorgeous
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
If you're looking for a killer metal tone the 6505 is where it's at. Unless you can afford a Cobra.
Quote by ugg im kyle
I am going to invest into a 6505+.
I was just wondering if anyone out here has had any problems with this head.
Or if anyone knows a cheaper way to get the classic 5150 tones.
Thanks.

Get a used 5150? That's cheaper.

If not, get the 6505+, great head. Just don't get the peavey cab, the speakers aren't great, or good.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra

If not, get the 6505+, great head. Just don't get the peavey cab, the speakers aren't great, or good.

This.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by jambi_mantra

I often wonder why people say that Sheffields arn't good speakers. I mean, Eddie VanHalen thought they were good enough to put in his Peavey signature combos/cabs. I actually think they do an ok job. They have a kind of a greenback vibe. That said, I did replace the Sheffields in my 6505 Combo with custom voiced V12 Legends to get a better bass response. The Sheffields were not that bad though.
No they're not bad. They're just not good either. They're alright, but it's worth spending the extra money on either a) getting a better cab with better speakers in, or b) replacing them.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
No they're not bad. They're just not good either. They're alright, but it's worth spending the extra money on either a) getting a better cab with better speakers in, or b) replacing them.

The thing is you don't have to spend that much more money on a cab either. The Peavey cabs are like what, $600. A used Mesa, Krank, Marshall 4x12's all run for that much on ebay frequently. On Harmony Central you can find some Diezel cabs for that much.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
i have a 5150 and i use a mesa recto 2x12 and the sound is amazing. id definitely recommend this head/cab combo for any rock or metal tones.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by kckyle
get a triple X. these are amazing. i was using one yesterday at the studio and it totally blown everything away.

The Triple X is a really nice amp and a good alternative to a 5150/6505.
6505 is fizzy even with an od or eq pedal, you have to put the gain on 4 and presence on 0 to remove it. Better off with a used Cobra despite crap build quality. Im about to buy an Engl SE preamp and a small poweramp which is pretty much /win in terms of sound.