Have you ever felt like you've been born into the wrong generation? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my life but I always think that the 60s/70s would have suited me better. The lifestyle, culture and music just seemed so much cooler back then. Anybody ever get the same feeling?
Yeah I think about what it would have been like to get all that sex in the 60's lmao but I do enjoy being born in 1992! Technology ftw!

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
I get the same feeling, but not about my generation. I feel like I was born in the wrong country. Other than my healthy love of food, I seem to be the opposite of the average American person.
Pah, no video games in the 70s, no good ones at least.
lp345: It's a virus
rage6945: i went on a little bit torrent spree and got Jay-z's black album
nebno6:Maybe it's god punishing you for having a bad music taste.
nowa90:UGNED!!
I should have been born in the 70s, I'd have been in a punk band and died by now.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
Quote by madbasslover
I get the same feeling, but not about my generation. I feel like I was born in the wrong country. Other than my healthy love of food, I seem to be the opposite of the average American person.

Come live in Australia. We ****ing pwn. lol.

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by Black__Dog
Have you ever felt like you've been born into the wrong generation? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my life but I always think that the 60s/70s would have suited me better. The lifestyle, culture and music just seemed so much cooler back then. Anybody ever get the same feeling?

me too. I would have loved driving a 69' Camaro Z28 without worying about gas prices lol.
It probably wasn't great, you see nostalgia mostly of the good stuff without the bad, rose tinted and stuff.

Plus you could have been sent off to 'nam.
I wish I had been a teen in the 60s/70s not now I just don't fit into the scene here, everyone is into rap and hip-hop or Indie.
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
Aria 12-String Acoustic Guitar
I'd have rather been a teenager in the 1980's.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
All throughout high school there were tons of people that believed that I was born in the wrong generation, even my teachers. I don't really listen to most mainstream rap, could care less about mainstream R&B and I generally wear a lot of old school band shirts. I just wish that I were able to go see multiple people such as SRV, Hendrix and multiple others when they were still alive, or even just at their peak if they are still alive.
Last edited by Shiromar at Oct 5, 2008,
I think I would have like the 60s but then when you think about all the bad stuff back then, like lack if internetz etc, it makes it seem less good.
Ye technology is pretty awesome but you'd still be enjoying today's technology, although you would be in your 50s.
Every one i know including teachers and parents has said to mee that I'm born 40 years too late!
I agree!!
Quote by thanksgiving
Come live in Australia. We ****ing pwn. lol.

It is on my list of places to visit. I'd like to give Canada a run for its money, though. I've always thought of Canada as being the US without all the suck.
i feel im right where i belong, its good.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by madbasslover
It is on my list of places to visit. I'd like to give Canada a run for its money, though. I've always thought of Canada as being the US without all the suck.

and we have tim Hortons, but watch the winters...
The thing that anoys me most about being a teen in this generation is that almost all the good concerts, being played by the good old rockers that are still alive are too expensive. I mean jeeze £35 to go see the scorpians or £30 to go see Motöhead and standing tickets are sold out. Epic Fail

Plus there are so few shows in London, and London is ment to be one of the worlds biggest musical cities.
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
Aria 12-String Acoustic Guitar
Quote by madbasslover

Me too. I hate mainstream music, I just can't stand it. I'm into death and black metal and i'm starting to like some of the more unusual metal styles, such as folk metal. I live in New York but i think i would have been better off in a scandinavian country.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
its very easy to look back and say things were better then
now extra flamey
Quote by madbasslover

Australia is a great place to be. We aren't all "Shrimp on the barby!" as alot of people seem to think

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by thanksgiving
Australia is a great place to be. We aren't all "Shrimp on the barby!" as alot of people seem to think

As an American, I can honestly say most people here don't have that attitude. My main problem with Australia is that you have spiders big enough to beat me to death with their bare....legs?

Anyway, nostalgia is a bunch of malarkey. No one's 100% satisfied with their lives now, so they look for when they COULD be happy. Usually in the past, for whatever reason. Simpler times, cheaper living, whatever. Sometimes we remember our childhoods and wish we could relive those times as adults. (Hence being born earlier.) It's just because we were loud, sugar-fueled idiot kids and we didn't care about anything outside our realm, so the times seem better than they really were. Right now, in 2008, we're better off than we were in 1968, all things considered.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
I wish I was born somewhere in the early 1800s. I hate electronic technology and everything that has to do with advanced communication technology. I also hate the overused unoriginal propaganda.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Quote by Allnightmask22
As an American, I can honestly say most people here don't have that attitude. My main problem with Australia is that you have spiders big enough to beat me to death with their bare....legs?

Anyway, nostalgia is a bunch of malarkey. No one's 100% satisfied with their lives now, so they look for when they COULD be happy. Usually in the past, for whatever reason. Simpler times, cheaper living, whatever. Sometimes we remember our childhoods and wish we could relive those times as adults. (Hence being born earlier.) It's just because we were loud, sugar-fueled idiot kids and we didn't care about anything outside our realm, so the times seem better than they really were. Right now, in 2008, we're better off than we were in 1968, all things considered.

Maybe it's just The Simpsons? lmao

That is one funny episode though.

Quote by Våd Hamster

I should have been born in the 17th century.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
I should have been born in the 17th century.

You must have been a big baby.

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by XxLloydxX
I wish I was born somewhere in the early 1800s. I hate electronic technology and everything that has to do with advanced communication technology. I also hate the overused unoriginal propaganda.

Oh this is just so ironic...

Funny words.
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
I didn't get it at first but then

+1

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by MyNameIsLame
I'd have rather been a teenager in the 1980's.

this, absolutely
Quote by thanksgiving
You facepalm like a pro... man I want you in bed.
Quote by madbasslover

From where I'm at, it's basically that. It's just that no one cares too much, rednecks only exist in Tilbury and the politics are more of a sideshow than the huge craziness of the american politics.
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp