i was just wondering, what is it that makes us laugh? what is so appealing about the joke that makes us laugh? kind of confusing....
how many times do you actually laugh out loud and how does that work into comedy laugh tracks?
An evolutionary device that strengthens bonds between social groups by causing you to form a more vulnerable face shape(smile) and laugh, both of which release chemicals that make you happy. At least that is the most likely reason.
Quote by fr33t0m
An evolutionary device that strengthens bonds between social groups by causing you to form a more vulnerable face shape(smile) and laugh, both of which release chemicals that make you happy. At least that is the most likely reason.

Wikipedia ftw.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Cause we are mean bastards... if we saw a kid get toppled over by someone on a bike, that would be funny... cause we are mean. lmao

thats how i look at it... well i thought about it for a few seconds anyhow.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
I think what makes things funny is that they are unexpected. If every joke was predictable, nothing would be funny.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
AIDS...?

Or what the guy who posted the wiki thing... that sounds about right.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
I didn't use Wikipedia, I just really like learning about humans and how they evolved in an objective context.
If I explained, it wouldn't be funny. You would never laugh again, and then you'd go out and kill yourself. I can't live with that kind of responsibility.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
obscurity?
humiliation of others?
the situation?
it all depends on your sense of humour and what the joke is.
imo..
It's even stranger when you find out monkeys only laugh when they're really angry.
Thomas hopes to not have offended anyone with this post. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any spelling or grammar mistakes, should there be any.

last.fm
Quote by fr33t0m

Also laughing is an evolved response used to indicate to others that no danger is present.

I wouldnt laugh at a lion if it rushed me, but I would laugh at a lion takin a shit.