Page 1 of 2
I live with a vegetarian and a muslim.

I used to be a muslim but then I saw the light and became atheist. I do not identify well with religion but I "respect" other peoples beliefs even though I like to rip holes in them.

I have a huge moral problem. See... The vegetarian will not eat my lasagne dish because it has meat, a lot of meat in it. So much meat I think I used a whole cow making it.

I also used wine.

I havent told my muslim friend yet and we are all due to sit down and eat this meal. He loves lasagne. He loves my cooking, but he hasnt had my lasagne.

I dont want to tell him he cant eat it because he ll get mad at me for being "insensitive" to his beliefs... Even though I belittle them for a laugh. This might take the cake.

Do I tell him? Or do I use it as an excuse for him to give up religion (considering he has already done things no good muslim would do).

Help me pit. Im feeling decisively evil.

Edit:

I used to be a muslim.

I couldnt help use the wine. It adds soooooooooo much flavour.

Oh and a lesbian vegetarian amuses me. It takes not liking meat to a whole new level!
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
just don't tell him
its as easy as that
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
he'll make this for you next time if you tell him:

EDIT:

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Last edited by noxiosimitator at Oct 5, 2008,
Quote by Jehuty
Are they your friends? Don't **** your friends over on their beliefs.

Hell, don't **** anyone over. Be a good fellow.

He is a very good friend... But... Somehow I would feel guilty denying him food... And guilty letting him eat it knowing what he has done.

Quote by noxiosimitator

Dude. Not cool.
Go to the supermarket. Buy a vegetarian meal for him. Problem solved.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Not really a smart move if you ask me.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
tell him, and offer to make him something else...

...how difficult was that to think of?
you're a complete asshole if you'd do something like that to someone who is "a very good friend." you could just say that you're really sorry and you forgot and accidentally put wine in it and i'm sure he won't care and will go find something else to eat. but to purposely do that is ****ed up.

p.s. what things has he done that "no good muslim would do?"
Quote by Guitardude19

Dude. Not cool.

I think taking stuff like that TOO serious is even less cool.
Jokes are there to not be meaned ..

EDIT: so turning somebody against his belies is cool ?

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Last edited by noxiosimitator at Oct 5, 2008,
Quote by Bowe
tell him, and offer to make him something else...

...how difficult was that to think of?

Dude Im a student... If I had to cook seperate meals for everyone Id go broke

I will most likely make something else... But some sick part of me wants to ... I so shouldnt

Quote by XyphR
you're a complete asshole if you'd do something like that to someone who is "a very good friend." you could just say that you're really sorry and you forgot and accidently put wine in it and i'm sure he won't care. but to purposely do that is ****ed up.

p.s. what things has he done that "no good muslim would do?"

In reply to your PS.

I refuse to tell you that considering it was very traumatic for him... This might help him get over it though... Or add more guilt.

What kind of friend am I even considering this

... I really need to be more grown up...
tell him it has wine in it, let him make his own mind up. Just as you should respect his religious choices he should respect your's too, and by putting wine into the lasagna you're increasing the flavour not delibretley spiting him.
You used the word respect in quotation marks. Clearly you have none for other beliefs or your flatmates.

You deserve to eat it alone.
This is not a pipe
Ummm since the alcohol is close to nonexistant in the food, and since he doesn't know about it, there are no religious problems.
Tell him and give him something else to eat?
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
Tell him, obviously. If you don't, you're a dick.

Make your stupid lasigne another time for him, without the wine.
Quote by carmel_l
You used the word respect in quotation marks. Clearly you have none for other beliefs or your flatmates.

You deserve to eat it alone.

I love my flatmates. I used the quotations marks because I will respect their beliefs until they start, like the mostly do, trying to shove them down my throat.

And yes. I do deserve to eat it alone... I am not a very nice person if I am even considering this...
Quote by Guitardude19
Dude Im a student... If I had to cook seperate meals for everyone Id go broke

I will most likely make something else... But some sick part of me wants to ... I so shouldnt

In reply to your PS.

I refuse to tell you that considering it was very traumatic for him... This might help him get over it though... Or add more guilt.

What kind of friend am I even considering this

... I really need to be more grown up...

But you're not making a different meal for everyone. You're making two meals. And his meal could be something as simple as a soy schnitzel if you put a good sauce. Fuck you man I'm drooling because of you.

Don't give him the lasagna. Get something differen.t
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

you made lasagna

you're not getting him drunk and taking him to a strip club

and give me some of that lasagna
Quote by Guitardude19
Oh and a lesbian vegetarian amuses me. It takes not liking meat to a whole new level!

i really want to know what the traumatic event he experienced was
please tell
Quote by urik
But you're not making a different meal for everyone. You're making two meals. And his meal could be something as simple as a soy schnitzel if you put a good sauce. Fuck you man I'm drooling because of you.

Don't give him the lasagna. Get something differen.t

less tasta lasagna for him = more tasty lasagna for you
That was a really stupid idea on your part. I bet he'd be even madder if you didn't tell him and he found out. Just tell him.

Jack my swag
If he never finds out that there's wine in it then what's the problem?

Or you could tell him and let him decide what to do.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Your Muslim friend is fine, Cooking with wine depletes the alcohol content, so even though the flavor is still there, the alcohol is not, he should be able to eat it.
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

IA! IA! CTHULHU FHTAGN!
As an a guy that also enjoys cooks, and belittling the beliefs of those too self-righteous to eat certain foods for what ever reason; I say:

This thread is full of win.

Screw them over! They have it coming!
the vegitarian can cook for herself, explain to your muslim friend about the wine depleting, let him/her make his/her own decisions, and if they decline, all the more for you, and you can freeze it or whatever. YOu must have more friends who you could invite over to eat it with you!
why would you not take this into consideration before cooking the meal? you obviously knew about both problems beforehand...

show some respect for their beliefs.
Quote by MiG_853
As an a guy that also enjoys cooks, and belittling the beliefs of those too self-righteous to eat certain foods for what ever reason; I say:

This thread is full of win.

Screw them over! They have it coming!

lawl

Jack my swag
Quote by Guitardude19
Help me pit. Im feeling decisively evil.
I think we all know what path you'll take.

Be sure to take some pictures of your face before you do this.
It's unlikely to ever look quite the same again.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by noxiosimitator
I think taking stuff like that TOO serious is even less cool.
Jokes are there to not be meaned ..

EDIT: so turning somebody against his belies is cool ?

No dude, that really wasn't cool. For me ( being a browny myself ), that's like showing a picture of a black person being lynched to a black person. But whatever, you'll never understand, no one does.

I'll leave it be.
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

Quote by noxiosimitator

I actually found that joke quite funny.

On topic, just don't tell him, what he doesn't know can't hurt him.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Last edited by thedudemeister at Oct 5, 2008,
TS, you're obviously not a very good cook. If you knew anything about cooking with alcohol, is that the alcohol gets burned off, leaving only the flavour of the wine, not the alcohol.

You'll be fine.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Page 1 of 2